Streak-free glass???

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Emile, Feb 27, 2010.

1. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

It does. It smells like skittles.

:lol:

2. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

I swear by the Adams glass cleaner. I think I have tried them all! I use a similar technique except I use two of the uber glass MFs. Spray directly on the glass, wipe with one glass MF, then follow up with the second glass MF. The reason I use 2 is that the first MF will become saturated quick, and going over the glass with the second dry MF seems to reduce streaking. And in general, the Adams seems to clean better and streak less than any other glass product I have used.

3. E-Money

E-Money Birth of a Detailer

I agree that glass cleaners can be a PITA at times. For routine clean ups i will use my Megs concentrated cleaner for the windows. Every now and then i use this common product, Glass Science Glass Scrubber. You could clay the window first that would help. Wet the window first with distilled water. Apply the product to a uber pad. Rub in a circular motion, overlapping of course. When that is completed, apply your trigger bottle with distilled water. Get your waffle weave glass towel to wipe away the mess.

This process is pretty good at removing water spots and other stubborn stains. You may think that this process would take long but you could do a couple of windows at a time and not worry about the product getting hard to remove because of the water sitting on the window.

4. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

[I bought some Stoners Invisible Glass spray the other day, any tips for using it?]

Technique

I usually advocate spraying car care products on to a micro fibre towel and not directly onto the surface being detailed. The exception to this is when cleaning glass, rather than letting the cleaner soak into the towel, which results in insufficient product as a large majority is absorbed by the towel, better results will be achieved by soaking the dirt / grease residue on the glass surface.

5. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I use either Zep Professional Glass cleaner or ONR to clean glass. I use WW towels I get from the kitchen section of walmart they are white towels and work great follow that up with a glass towel

6. E-Money

E-Money Birth of a Detailer

what ONR dilution ratio?

7. StrwBryFruitCake

StrwBryFruitCake Any Rag Vehicle Washer

whats more annoying is LINT

8. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I put 32oz of water in a small container I picked up from Lowes. I add .5oz of ONR to that water. Soak a short napped microfiber in the solution, wring it out really well, grab a second towel specifically for glass and have had streak free results now for a while. I'm about to give away my almost full gallon of Meguiars Window cleaner.

I would have to add though that any glass cleaner that is to be diluted needs to be mixed with distilled water, that made a HUGE difference with my Megs glass cleaner.