Strangest items you've found inside a car?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by krshultz, Jan 21, 2009.

1. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

It was my car :p

First detail...

2. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

nice lol. im surprised it was full. i bet the owner was ecstatic.

3. Trents_goat5.7

Trents_goat5.7 Jedi Nuba

Ha read the above comment lol

4. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Add: Stanley Cup 4th goal puck. Not sure which game. Can't say the client either.

5. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

A hardened puddle of melted crayons on the rear floor mat of a mini van. This was also my first interior detail and wasn't equipped to clean it up lol. The kids actually wanted to keep it, as it held fond memories :p

6. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

when we were doing the stereo install in my 2000 Alfa (new at the time) we pulled back the carpet to start laying dynomat and found a bread roll wrapper...... seems my car was built during lunchtime

7. GDAL

GDAL Guest

condoms, 9mm clip, weed, and a crack pipe. All in one car ... needless to say I refused to detail the car ever again. I never told the guy why even though I organized everything under his seat. I don't need to be surrounded by all that crap ... I had enough exposure to that bs when I was a kid living in NYC.

I know this is out of topic, but I think it's worth mentioning ... When I sold my Olds Aurora a few months ago on craigslist I was offered a drugs as a trade for the vehicle. It was funny 'cause the dude sent an email asking if I was willing to trade the car for "stuff" ... LMFAO.

8. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

In an Acura MDX I did, on the passenger side front seat there's a side compartment on the center console. I was clearing stuff out and opened it and found a box of His/Her K-Y jelly.

Wasn't sure if I should pull it out or not so I left it. After detail I told customer all the stuff I found was bagged. Her eyes got big....

9. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

Those stories about drugs remind me of a car I might be doing in the future. My friend used to be really into drugs and stuff, I can remember sitting in the car with her one day after she had (unknown to me) smoked a bowl of pot in the car before she came to hang out with me. We were in the car for about an hour, and I became slightly high. At one point I was convinced that there was a truck on the roof of the school building near us. THEN she told me she had been smoking pot in the car. Anyway she's cleaned up now, but the car hasn't been cleaned yet. Last time i saw it...there were bits of marijuana all over the floor and everything, all in the center console and stuff too. Fun fun.

10. Trents_goat5.7

Trents_goat5.7 Jedi Nuba

You got a contact high from a car that had pot smoked in it before you were ever in it? I'd love to see what one hit from the bowl would do to you.

11. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Money, lots of change, all kinds of food, miles and miles of Latte' trails down sides of consoles, carpets, etc., a deep green ham and cheese sandwich, and more personal papers, than I can ever remember.

When I started my business I went to Uline and bought some really big 6mil clear plastic bags that sealed at the top and put everything I find that is not food, junk, etc., in the bags and leave it on the front seat of the car.

An Acura MDX holds the record for the most bags filled - 8 bags weighing in at over 40lbs, mostly money.

Dan F

12. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

that is a good idea..... i usually throw the junk i find in a box and they go through it before they leave with the car and toss what they dont want. But a bag is a great idea.

13. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

Yeah, well it was a small car (Pontiac Sunfire) and she had JUST smoked it before I got in. I'm naturally just a bit weird as well. I have been offered free pot from several people because they say I would be really funny high but I've always declined...

14. pecka13

pecka13 Birth of a Detailer

Great thread. I have never found anything out of the ordinary though, maybe if i was doing more details for individuals and not car dealers :(

just lots of junk and sticky coins to organize.

15. CU2MIKE

CU2MIKE Guest

Thank God woman's thong is the weirdest thing I've found so far, lol.

16. MAXSE2kMT

MAXSE2kMT Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Other than the usual garbage, drugs, and hygiene related stuff, one of the more odd things ever was a carpet near the center console with what I thought were some type of sparkles or whatnot. Every time I tapped the center console with my elbow or vacuum another inch would fall out the bottom to the carpet. I finally opened to the center console to see what was about 15 inches high of scratch off flakings. Hopefully she won a few times, but it still makes no sense to me to dump them IN your car.

17. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

I've found bear mace, a baton, and pool ball in a sock in the same vehicle. Oh and like 8 speeding tickets lol

18. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

Not while detailing but back in my audio installer days. I did an install in a conversion van. When we pulled the panels that make up the rear bed/seat area we found 2 kilos of what appeared to be cocaine and a .45 auto. We didn't touch it and just called the customer to come back to the shop. When we showed him, he apologized and grabbed his things and went about his way. I guess it was no big deal.

As far as detailing stuff, just food remnants i'd rather forget.

19. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

I think it was all in your head as a "contact high" is almost impossible to get even if you're sitting next to the person while they are smoking it.

Funny story though

20. TexasTB

TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

The usual that other folks are saying. Weed, panties, used rubbers, moldy food, and so on...

Did a strippers car, dildos, platform heels, tons of outfits, gobs of mak-up, and so on. I was offered sex once.....Couldn't bring myself to contract an STD.....
    Have a fleet of vehicles from a gun MFG and found numerous rounds of ammo, in the seat tracks at that. How dangerous is that! Slide the seat back and BAM!

Found a rusty razor blade that sliced the tip of my finger almost off, needles to say, I packed up and headed to get a shot. That was about 4 years ago