1. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

i just recently bought a compartment box type of carrier for my clay after breaking them into smaller pieces. but now i have a problem with the clay sticking to the box. i do the usual spritz of qd, but once it dries, it sticks. any tips/ideas?

2. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Mine stick a little bit... I just pull em out... they aren't stuck too bad...

3. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

if i have to leave my shop area an need to bring stuff i wrap my clay in wax paper ,one so no dirt gets on it, two so it don't stick to anything or anything sticks to it, an three so it don't get to dried out.

4. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

i'll have to try that. Wax paper sounds like it just might be a good idea.

5. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Hmm, I'm having the same issue as well. Wax paper sounds like a great idea but would that be a permanent solution? I think I'd be more open to a permanent solution. I wonder what else we could use to prevent the clay from sticking.

6. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

i have used this trick for over 7yrs now i still got some of the old eraser clay mint an using all the time i store it in the garage lol shhh,

7. edwinbong

i was thinking of doing an experiment with a non-stick cooking spray....but letting it dry for a good while before putting clay in there. not sure if it will eat the clay away or affect its use....

8. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

i don't think you really want anything contaminating your clay an i'm not sure what it would do but i would not try that.

9. infiniti24

infiniti24 Birth of a Detailer

thats a bad idea with the pam

10. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

FYI: Bilt hamber uses a similar wax paper in their cases. Works great. That may just be the ticket. Nice idea, twisted.

11. BigAl3

BigAl3 Birth of a Detailer

same here, i roll it into a ball and there's very minimal sticking...

12. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

thanks pektel i have never tried bh clay how is it ?

13. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Butchers paper can also work as some are lightly waxed coated paper. It also does not transfer wax onto the clay as much as wax paper does.

14. edwinbong

thats funny..i was actually trying to store my BH clay, but we don't use wax paper in the house, so i didn't want to buy a whole entire roll if there was another option. but looks like ill be buying some wax paper.

15. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

my favorite clay. Though sonus is up there too. I like that only water is needed as lube. One less thing to carry around.

16. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Another thing I like about BH clay is that is is the perfect level of aggressiveness...it pulls lots of contamination out of the paint but still pretty safe and will not mar. If you use soft you lessen your chances even more.

17. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

i have to try bh clay soon my fav is riccardo , erazer an zymol.

wax paper at the dollar store can't beat it for a buck lol.