Steamer 19.99 @ Tuesday Morning!!!

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by Tonya, Apr 8, 2008.

1. RTexasF

RTexasF Birth of a Detailer

I doubt anyone here would consider this $20 closeout a professional unit. I look at it as a handy but disposable item when it poops out.

EDIT: I went and bought one today (the only one) for $19.99. It pooped out before it ever got going. It made great noise but no steam at all, not even one little puff........got my money back. :doh:

2. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

Anthony I went back and highlighted my previous comment on the duribility in red. :thumb: I would hope the professional or full time detailers would invest in a more powerful industrial steamer. However.... I think a few "weekend warriors" might find it handy little steamer for a mere 19.99. :applause2:
    I missed the posted when you first started posting about its use and benefits people were jumping on the net looking for steamers, both pro and non, and many of them bought cheaper $100 units which ended up disappointing them. Could you tell us more about the unit you use and the price so members could be more informed.

Your welcome! If no one else wants them let me know before you take them back. I am going to try to track some down in my area. My Mom now wants one for cleaning around the house :giggle: Lord knows she wouldn't use it on her car :shakehead:

Rick I had the same trouble, however integrity is spot on!! I think you might have had the tank screwed in too tight!! Stop using so much :muscle: big guy!:giggle: If it heated up and you could hear the motor working, the tank was too tight :thumb:
    Thanks for the post integrity!!

3. RTexasF

RTexasF Birth of a Detailer

I loosened the tank but to no avail. Being the last one the box was a bit beat up so there's no telling what this one went through. Got my bucks back so no loss other than time.

4. Chris@Optimum

Chris@Optimum DB Certified Manufacturer

Yeah, mine had a sweet spot. Took some time to find it somtimes. I wish it was a better unit, for that price it would be really cool for light duty weekender stuff.

I was glad to be of assistance Tonya!

5. Anthony

Anthony Birth of a Detailer

Tonya, here's a link for you and others. This was back some 3 years ago and at that time only a handful of detailers were using steam vapor.

Full Detail - Lexus SC300 - Autopia Forum

6. Anthony

7. Tonya

WOW Anthony!! I appreciate the video!! Thanks for the information. :thumb:

8. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Well I finally found one at TM and it now reduced to $16.99.

Get it home all excited to use. NADA...

Makes noise but nothing comes out....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

9. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I got one for $19.99 and it works great. I used it the other day on the front of a Suburban covered in bugs and it knocked them right out. I also used it on some grungy leather seats in a Tahoe and they came out really nice. A great tool when you factor in the price.

10. Pats300zx

I am going to see if I can find one at another TM. Looks like some folks have had problems with this unit.

11. Tonya

I did my best to take a pic of the steam. I was using it to remove ROAD KILL :gross:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I noticed how well you could see the steam up against the black. So once I pulled it in the garage I took a pic. Here ya go :thumb:

[​IMG]

12. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

That is awesome!!!

13. Pats300zx

Here is my review on this product.

ITS A TOTAL PIECE OF MECHANICAL CRAP !!!!

I have now tried 3 of these units. All do the same thing. The motor hums and runs but no steam comes out. I have tried playing with the fill tank, loosing it, tightening it, nada.

I have had it with this thing. The concept is great and it looks like it would have great applications for detailing. I think the best bet is to find a more quality steamer.

14. Anthony

Great review :applause2:

It would be my best guess that those who have a good working steamer are of the minority here. I believe the majority of these units are ones like Pat has experienced.....neat little non-functioning steamers.

Save your pennies for a serious machine and I'm sure you're going to love it.

Anthony

15. Tonya

ahhh... Pat I am so sorry this has been so frustrating for you :itsok: I wish it would have worked out :sorry:

16. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Same here, mine seems to be working as expected so far. I had picked up a couple extras as well and sold one to my good buddy today as he was wanting to steam clean his shower tile. Not sure if he had a chance to use it yet. I should have an update tomorrow.

17. V.I.P.E.R

V.I.P.E.R Guest

this is funny this is one of the worst steamers' out there but they still sell alot lmao