Steam Clean Cars

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Pooter, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Pooter

Pooter Birth of a Detailer

2. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Hmmmmmm interesting

3. RTexasF

RTexasF Birth of a Detailer

I can see where that would be extremely handy in certain areas but the entire car? Don't know about that.

4. Nica

Nica Banned

That would come in handy for certain sections of the vehicle but I agree with RTexasF not the etire vehicle.

One thing I noticed in the video, the temperature couldn't have been that hot otherwise he would have been burning his hand.

I wonder though, what benefit is there by steaming the exterior like that?

Interesting in deed :thinking:

5. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Its a interesting concept....I think the steam may actually disolve more fallout than soap will get at..and deep clean the micro pores in paint....I watched about 6 videos on it and seen some interesting results....it was like it was pulling grime up from paint that was clean..some of the videos were from japan so it may be a big thing there...

AL

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Good point Al, but do you think that with a drying waffle weaved micro fiber towel you can reduce incuding any micro marring/scratches? I've never used a steamer let alone on the surface of the vehicle but I would have to agree with your statement about deep cleaning the micro pores.

7. Pooter

Looks like I'm going to have to do some serious research on this and check the benefits, process...etc. I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

8. Al-53

Nica..I wouldn't do the process on a dirty gritty car with out a pre washing....then do a steaming...look at this way...it would be like a facial....you wash it first to get all the surface junk off..them steam it do deep clean it....longer process but for a high end car may be worth it....

I was trying to find the good video but I can't find it now..showed doing the paint..interior and rug mats...and also cleaning the AC/heating vents by using steam in the intake and flushing the vents...

cool concept

do I think it will mar paint...maybe no more than people doing QD wipes ot PB's spray and wipe.....

the dirt your after with the steam is deep in the paint...micro size

Al

9. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

the price is right if you order be sure to get two ;)

10. Al-53

Joe..thats chicken feed around here.....lol......figure 100 decontamination washes at 100.00 each and paint pore cleaning and interior sanitizing and engine washes...thats just 100 washes.....its worth it...no chemicals to buy ever...think about it joe....the use is endless....doing household stuff also....sanitize bathrooms..like yours....kitchens....you will get your money investment in 2 years I bet....and its a right off till its paid for...

AL

11. Pooter

speedsteam2

Little info found on the...what seems like the primary company behind the idea.

Think this is the video ou were talking about Al.

YouTube - Steam Jet Car Wash

Definately expensive to buy, but seems like it would pay for itself pretty quick.

12. Al-53

yes thats the one I saw..but was better quality...but the same video...

here is another I like also....this is a 50.00 service easy...

YouTube - Air Vent Clean (SpeedSteamâ„¢ Exclusive)

like I said its a interesting concept.....

AL

13. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

The darn car is clean before he even gets to the hood. Just look at the shine and reflection. :shrug: I agree with AL :)doh: of course) I can see where it would be great to loosen bugs and contaminates... but where is the lube? :yikes:

14. Nica

Nica Banned

I agree with you Al the concept is very interesting, I like that vide of cleaning the vents very interesting in deed :thinking:

I think this would come in handy when doing the wheel wells and rims as well....oh but the engine bay, doing the engine bay with a steamer looks like it would be a time saver.

Hmmmm...interesting in deed.

15. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Pretty sure the Therma Kleen & high end steamers can do this type of work with the proper technique. Steam is great.

16. ehuth1

ehuth1 Birth of a Detailer

17. richy

richy Guest

18. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Ill have to chime in a little later when I use my Therma Steem:headbang:

19. Nica

Nica Banned

Look forward to your feed back FMINUS :thumb:

The more I think about it the more steam makes sense, I mean think about doing wheel wells, rims, tires, door shuts, carpets....I'm still trying to wrap my head about doing interior's with steam but once I get my steamer I'll put it to the test.

But FMINUS got his steamer I'm really looking forward to his feed back :cheerl:

20. fatsniper

fatsniper Virgin Detailer

I ordered a TR6 a week ago from allbrands.com, man I couldn't wait to clean with it when it arrived today...but my excitement quickly faded when I realized it is a P.O.S. The box it came in looks like a china low budget piece of crap, it was missing the triangle attachment and cloth, and the factory "certificate" (guaranteeing my unit as new and in perfect condition).... the owners manual is very basic and full of misspelled/misused words, furthermore the manual refers to a "digital readout" on the tr6, which my TR6 does not have, and it does not state "optional" for that readout either....it states "optional" for the pressure gauge, which I have. The worst thing is the machine cuts off so much it is practically useless. I am lucky to get 30 seconds of steam before it cuts off and beeps (like its out of water), flashes, beeps, flashes, ect. I have to push the button and then I get more beeps and flashes, then maybe after a few minutes of this, it will kick on again for another whopping 30 seconds..... Now I have to PAY to send this piece of junk back to Vaporclean after a whole hours use. If you are looking for a vapor cleaner, you should stay away from this company altogether.