Stealth w/Secret Sealant!

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by JLs Detailing, Feb 17, 2008.

1. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Exactly! One of the only things I hate about the car. It's really a pain when it comes to detailing.

2. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

wolf you really, REALLY need to lower that thing.

and the spoiler of both models are ugly to me i prefer them without.

3. richy

richy Guest

Bloody hell..I'm away from the board for one day and look at what I miss!! Wolf, the car looks ridiculously new..I am blown away by those pics..nothing has peaked my interest in a while like this stuff has. AL..how do you think it compares with DG? You're the reason I tried those products and I have been very satisfied with them..until now! The 601/105 combo lasts like crazy..how does this compare? Can he sell some to us on the side? Let us know, please.

4. JLs Detailing

Thanks richy means a lot coming from you bro! And I second your idea for selling some to us on the side!!!!

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I really want to see the beading on this thing!!!

6. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Rich this stuff has te looks over DG...and most others I have used..Zaino..UPP..Wolfgang..rejex..Ultima...this stuff has a great look..wet..deep..warm...and a ton of shine...

as far as durability..I do not know about it yet....I was told it should protect for at least 7 months...we will see....I am dying to try it on my truck...to cold now....I just used it on a test hood....and its sitting out in the snow now....

I hope he does bring it to the car care sector also...its nice stuff

Al

7. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

if he doesnt just make sure to get it by the gal from him and sell it to us!

i am dying to try it lol

8. JLs Detailing

Maybe I'll spray it down tomorrow and take some pics!

9. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

True, I almost mistakened his Stealth as the 3000GT :)

10. Al-53

Wolfpacker..any updates on the looks after a day of curing...just wondering..I call the guy later today ...and i hope he will ship another gallon...I gave out about 10 samples..lol....

AL

11. Optix

Optix Guest

beautiful shine, looks like someone also added a ton of pdms in their sealant recipe.

12. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Whats PDMS?

13. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I want you to set your sprayer to a FINE MIST and replicate a gentle SOUTHERN shower!!!

14. Al-53

Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) is a commonly used silicon-based organic polymer. Due to its unique mechanical, chemical, and optical properties, it has become integrated into many microfluidic and optical devices.

PDMS is optically clear at a wide range of wavelengths. In addition, the curing time and temperature used during cross-linking can determine the refractive index (RI) of the bulk.

The mixing ratios and curing procedures used during development determine the mechanical, chemical, and optical properties of the final solid.

AL

15. JLs Detailing

Damn we need to change your name to Al Nye the Science Guy! Man I haven't heard the term refractive index since I left the Chemical Industry.

16. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Man all I know is this stuff has gotten my attention.Definitely would like to try it .The depth and clarity that can be seen from the pictures is awesome.Hopefully the durability is there. It looks like a real winner to me .sign me up for a sample .Hell I'll buy some just to try it out.

17. JLs Detailing

That stuff is still super slick and the looks are incredible I really didn't know my paint could look that good. I'm going to wet down the hood today to see how it beads and post that. And Al you have my address if the guy thinks a gallon should be shipped down South!:headbang:

18. Al-53

as seen in the description of the PDMS if thats whats used in this stuff..the cure time can determine the final outcome..and this product has a 48 hour cure time....I dout he would he would even tell me whats in it...LOL...but I know it has no teflon in it...as he told me that much ...I was just told its a high concentration of polymers...thats why its so thick

AL

19. Optix

Optix Guest

pdms is commonly used in the car care products industry. Higher the concentration the better the gloss.

20. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

The quality of the polymers are also very important, not only the high concentration.