Stealth w/Secret Sealant!

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by JLs Detailing, Feb 17, 2008.

1. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Hey all I got a little package from Al-53 earlier in the week. It was a new sealant that he wanted me to try out and let him know what I thought. He only told me that I needed to apply it in the direction of the wind on horizontal panels (front to back) and like rain falls on vertical panels. He also said that it was suppose to take 48 hours to fully cure and should look better in 48 hours. Well my family was out of town this weekend and since I had to work I stayed home.

Well I washed the Stealth when I got home from work on Friday. So yes I was the crazy neighbor washing in the dark! I only prepped the paint with Lusso Revitalizing Creme as I just wanted all my LSP off. Afterwards I applied the sealant like Al said. I let it sit for an hour before I pulled it off. Well I got it a little thick on the hood as it was the first panel and it was a bear to get off but I put it on thin everywhere else and it came off like a dream. This sealant is really thick but I like that because I could prime my whole 4" pad with it because it didn't just soak into the pad like most thin sealants do. Man the paint was super slick and it looked good. Mind you the pics from Friday night are from my garage but you can see it looks really good:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now Al said his guy told him after 48 hours it would look better and man was he right. All I could say today was WOW!
    After 48 hours:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JohnyB

JohnyB Birth of a Detailer

Looks the biz man! you will have to let us know how it holds up.

3. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Whoa! I cant wait until they release this bad boy!

4. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Looks nice bro!!!

Remember I told you about what happens when it gets on thick.. was I lying

Durability is it's strong point.. hard as nails.. and my observations were based on a previous formulation

5. JLs Detailing

Al said with a second application he was told durability was 7 months! I plan on doing another coat tomorrow or Tuesday.

6. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Heres a little info on the stuff....

last year I was at Sodus Bay N.Y. doing a friends boat and a few others...and I was approached by this guy..who wanted his boat done also...He told me about what he does..he is a Polymer Chemical engineer and asked if I wanted to try something on the boats I was doing....I said fine..he gave me to low down on it...it was developed for the military and areospace industry...he also makes coatings for water supply pipes to resist build up ....I did the boats and it looked very good....he gave me a 1/2 gallon of it to test on cars..i sent samples out to some people and Motor City was one who got one also....I did a bunch of my neighbors dump trucks with it...and a dozen or so cars ..some from where I work so i can see them every day...the stuff really looked very good and has been holding up thru the winter with ease....

About 4 weeks ago he called me and had a new version he wanted to test..as he was thinking of bringing into the auto market....I recieved it about a week and a 1/2 ago and sent samples out to people in warm climates so they could apply right away...

All I know is that its used on helicopters..AWACS...Jets..and the Presidents Helicopter and some stuff for the navy..and no its not made by 5 star...lol....its made in Rochester NY..

this is the thickest sealant i ever used..you could stand a spoon up in it....it is suppose to be a concentrated polymer mix and little carriers...as it shows...i was told the protection properties are to last 5-7 months under the uses it was designed for...

the full cure time is 48 hours to reach its peak...but water and dew wil not effect it...during this time..as i was told....it had no teflon in it also..this stuff was made to military specs..and its tested by them also....

This guy is thinking of bringing a sealant into the car care sector and just wants to feel it out...he is not interested in any polishes...dressings or washes..just the sealant....

thats what i know of the sealant..any questions just ask...

Oh..this stuff has to go on THIN..I mean THIN...like Klasse..to the point you do not see it going on...or you may have a hard time removing it.....

All I have used it on is a helmet my son has and a test hood thats now buried under Ice and snow....and it does look very good on paint as you see on the Stealth

Al

7. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

mannnnnn Al ... where are my samples....

That is a fine looking Stealth. It looks like you forgot to dry it!

8. JohnyB

JohnyB Birth of a Detailer

Awsome i will be keeping an eye out for more info thanks for shareing. its not made by 5 star.... lol

9. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Goodness FOOKING gracious, that looks CHOICE!!!

10. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

lookin good, nice work

and this sealent sounds very intersting....

11. Al-53

I myself was very surprised to see how good it looked on the Stealth..the first version he sent me looked very good..but this one really out did the first stuff...I can not wait to put it on my truck to see for myself....

the first stuff is very durable...and this is suppose to be much more so...it had to military specs...

Al

12. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

it sounds awesome i could try it on some tow trucks at a friends towing buisness if you want harsh settings. (24 hours a day the trucks are on the road)

but i do say it looks awesome.

13. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

so al, when do we all get sample?

just kiding, :D

14. Al-53

I am going to try to get another gallon off him...I am going to talk to him this week...and hint for another gallon...lol..see if he bites...hes cool ....we will be salmon fishing together this spring on Lake Ontario..i go with my buddy who just bought a 33 foot Baja Cruiser set up to fish...i do his boat and a few others and the sealant guys boat....I go just about every other week end fishing there till fall...5 hour ride is a killer though...

Al

15. Rydawg

Rydawg Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Looks good!

Al is the man for hooking you up.

16. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

looks nice..very reflective...Al you are Da Man once again..care for some pie :pye:

17. JLs Detailing

Thanks for the comments guys and a HUGE thanks to Al for hooking me up with it. I told Al that the guys at work see my car all the time after it's been detailed but yesterday I had a couple of guys tell me "Man the car looks really good". Since I maintain it all the time that means something made it really stand out to those guys yesterday!

18. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Very nice Wolf :D The car looks great!!

19. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

awesome car looks good

how is the beading?

20. JLs Detailing

Thanks I haven't gotten it wet yet. I plan on putting on another coat today and then I'll spray the hood down tomorrow and snap a few pics.