Starting Fresh

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by vtec92civic, May 6, 2014.

1. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

Its been an extremely long time since I've been here and I'm glad to be back. So over the time I've been gone some things changed a bit. Quick rundown for those who don't know me . . .

I'm 30 years old and have been auto detailing for the past 7 years. I can honestly say that I started on the wrong foot and used many inappropriate techniques in the beginning but over the years have learned so much from you all as well as from trial and error. Started off cleaning my ride when the import scene was huge and moved on to working at our local bmw dealership as a detailer. I was really passionate about my job and decided then to start my own business.

What you folks would consider a hack is how i started off. I didn't use any buffers at the time and most people were to scared to let them touch their vehicles. The cars got cleaned very well and people were always happy with the work. My phone use to blow up and the money was good. Once I changed everything up from equipment, procedures, down to the quality of work things changed including the economy and that made things worse. Over the past year we acquired a account with our local Acura dealership. We did their used cars for a while and it was great steady $. Was I proud of having dealership work not always since that's not what I wanted to be. My goal is to be the person who polishes paint even if its 1 steppers. Long story short we lost the contract not do to our work as we turned out quality and they loved that but their lot is small and the owner who gets overwhelmed wanted us to get a shop. Here i am today wanting to start over to rebuild my business, to make it successful and to just start with a clean slate now that I have all this experience. The name my father and I chose in the beginning was very amateur and I honestly had no idea i would still be detailing today.

My girlfriend and I do have plans to move to the mainland bit I'm not afraid to put in work here and build a business and if its a success we can stay or I can have family and friends run it after ibtrain the right staff and fly home regularly to check up on things. I don't have a logo so proper branding would be key.

My question is would you folks think it's a smart move to wash my current business, start fresh and press forward?

Can anyone help with some name ideas? Thank you everyonen for the inspiration to keep pushing for my dream.

2. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

If your moving I would just start fresh since you can't be there daily to run it. I would never trust someone else to run my business. People now days are not trust worthy at all. For a name thats up to you throw some Ideas out there and let people comment on them.

vtec92civic likes this.
  3. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

Thanks for the info. So you are saying to move then start fresh? I shouldn't start a new business where I currently reside and should try to hang onto my business that I currently have and save to move?

4. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

I'm just saying are you going to having to manage the old business and the new business? If not I would just start the new business and focus on that one.