Spray bottels (paul dalton ) uses?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by trhland, Jun 3, 2010.

1. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

My favorite sprayers right now, other than the CG 16 oz bottle/sprayer, is the Zep sprayer. I've tried the .96 home depot ones, no good for me. The Zep one has held up to Tardis, without clening the spray head after use, for over 3 months now. A little pricey at 3.97 each (also available at Home Depot), but it's worth it to me.

2. Ad me to the least of cheapskates :gidiup:

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Even my Viton chemically resistant sprayers aren't immune to Wheel Brightner.

:(

4. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

foaming sprayers from ADS work well with Megs WB. I've been using them for a while and never had a problem...

5. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

My viton sprayers aren't immune to Meg's APC+ :/ I had 3 sprayheads replaced by spraymaster because of APC+ (old formula)

6. metsfan

metsfan Birth of a Detailer

The zep spray bottles at hd are much better than the 97 cent ones . zep ones are just as good imo as the gray ones that cost more .

7. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

ive been useing us plastic spray bottles but these throw aways .. therenot heavyduty .. but ok for the price though...

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Thomas, they are all made with a theory - it breaks, so you buy a new one, so our technicians can have a job...
    In other words if it will continue on working for you, you will simply stop buying...

9. bjungx007

bjungx007 Birth of a Detailer

im telling you, you guys need to check out sams club! its 6 bucks for a 8 pack and 2 are foaming heads. Ive been using them over 6 months and only 1 foaming head went out.

10. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

makes sense... maybe ill just stick with the cheap ones.. im just s sucker for fancy marketing what can i say :thumb:

11. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

idk what you guys are using other than WB but I have never had a sprayer go bad one me. I use the cheap ones from US Plastic (gray spray head ones, chem resistant) on string dilutions of many APCs, citrus cleaners, heavy degrease, and all my chem.

Dont worry trhland, i am a sucker for fancy packaging also...gotta look good on the shelf :lol: One reason I have a few of those SV mixing bottles with some QDs in them. Not only do they look nice but the mist sprayer is perfect for QDs.

12. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Agreed, never had a sprayer go bad on me. But I also flush the sprayer out with water after each use (when using APC, Degreaser, Megs WB, etc.).

In fact, for WB, I usually first spray soap/water through it (usually from my wheels bucket) and then run water through it.

13. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

i brake bottles all the time but its usaully because i drop them ..

14. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Dont flush mine anymore , i give my sprayers no mercy. muahahah!

15. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

Paul Dalton aka Miracle DB Pro Supporter

16. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Just had a look. Paul, you're a bad influence!

17. SuperBee364

SuperBee364 Birth of a Detailer

I buy the generic Meguiar's maroon bottle quick detailer just for the spray bottles. I use the QD up fast as a clay lube, then put my good stuff in the bottle. This bottle has one of the nicest, most even spray patterns you'll see in a spray bottle. Totally even coverage, with no gaps, and no too-much spots. It also doesn't atomize the liquid into a too-fine spray that disappears in the breeze, or when you take a breath.

I haven't bought this in a while, though. Don't even know if the maroon bottle Meg's detailer is even sold anymore.

18. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

talking with the mfg and getting pricing and samples next week, stay tuned...

19. scoTampa

scoTampa Virgin Detailer

Update: I picked up some of the Zep sprayers from Home Depot. They are $4 each and they are much nicer than the $1 ones. They spray more per pull and the spring is more powerfully loaded. Also the spray adjustments seem to have a broader range.

Home Depot also has a sprayer that is resistant and inert for use with chemicals. It's $6 and it looks pretty nice (as nice as a bottle can look). Just something to check out next time you are in the HD

20. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

phil you rule!!!!!!!!!! try tio get 22 ounce bottles and 32 ounce.. sonetimes its nice to have a smaller spray bottle . its nice having both .