Spacer for Makita

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Reflect, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Hey Nica,

The one I have from your 1st batch rocks... any chance the 2nd batch can be rounded?

If so, any chance I can get some???

2. razr007

razr007 Banned

nica what was the price on them?

3. Nica

Nica Banned

I can ask, anything is possible. I was under the impression the second batch was already done though, they just needed to thread it...but I could be wrong, I'll ask. Regrettably, the adaptors are not being made as quickly as I had hoped but considering they are doing me a favor I can't complain too much.

I will keep you posted.

4. Nica

Nica Banned

If I remember correctly they came out to $20/each. I made sure to get the best deal I could, only draw back I had to get a bunch made...but you all know how :crasy: I am when it comes to having spares :confused:

5. razr007

razr007 Banned

you got any pics an will any be available to buy? i like new toys.

6. Nica

Nica Banned

It looks exactly like this:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

On my Makita it looks something like this:
    [​IMG]

I like the idea of being round and I think they would look better :thinking:

Actually you know where I got the idea from, well the Metabo came with a 'spindle extension' I took that 'spindle extension' to the machine shop and asked them to make me the exact same thing but with the 5/8th to M14 threads and the rest is history.

7. razr007

razr007 Banned

looks good but yea round would look better an be safer. when you think you will have them in round ?

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Not sure, so far all the adaptors the machine shop has made for me have been this design (hexish), I'll have to ask to make it round, shouldn't be too much of a hassle but I wanted them to be as cheap as possible so $20.00 each I thought was some what reasonable :shrug:

9. razr007

razr007 Banned

no not bad price you have 2 different styles i might take one of each.

10. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Dont know if this would hold up but if you have the hex ones and want to get them round go to the pipe section of a home improvement store and get some pipe insulation, you know the gray foam with a slit down the middle. Get one for the proper size that way you now have a rounded extension and a little padding.

11. Nica

Nica Banned

I will keep those interested updated :thumb:

12. Nica

Nica Banned

Not a bad idea :thumb: I never thought of it round or insulation when I originally got the extenders made up but there is always room for improvement :thumb:

13. razr007

razr007 Banned

i would like to have the ones you have now an maybe later get the rounded ones.

14. Bernhard

Bernhard Birth of a Detailer

I think they costs around 15$ here to get them fabricated.. Anyway it's a very good tool to get around rails, around tight places close to the mirror etc.

15. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I'm interested. :)

16. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

that photo on page 1 is similar to what my makita 9227 looks like
    As most of my BP's are 5/8ths and my machine is 14mm, I use a 3M superbuff adaptor
    The advantage is that the pad is further away from the machine and I can see whats going on with the polish much better

17. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

Anyway to get a group buy on these? I'd be interested and I'm sure some others would be also...

18. yukon cornelius

yukon cornelius Birth of a Detailer

If you guys give me the dimensions of what you want, I can pop them out for you. Would you not still want a wrench flat on them somewhere to snug them tight even if they were made from round stock instead of hex stock?

19. razr007

razr007 Banned

yes i was thinking that today if all round nothing to grab.

20. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

A small flat area on the top and bottom, to tightnen the extension to the buffer and then for the backing plate would be nice if possible.