SOPA & PIPA - get engaged- the revolution will not be televised!!

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Deep Gloss Auto Salon, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Unless you like seeing the below image and receiving DNS error messages on many websites, educate yourself and get in touch with your elected officials!

[​IMG]

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

3. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

thanks for pointing this out i have been hearing about it but had not taken the time to learn about it

4. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

This is a disgrace and goes beyond the Freedom of Speech. Crack Yo Mama is what I call him. As he doesn't do much along the lines with the Constitution :shakehead:
    I have signed a few petitions about this already.

5. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

i read about this and how there was a "movement" on Dec 29, 2011 where ALOT of people moved their domain names to another provider.

Mainly it was about leaving "go daddy" and transferring the domain to someone else who did not support SOPA.

It had to do with copyright infringement and how they could seize your website or something like that. I didn't read into it fully.

All i know is to stay away from GoDaddy.

6. Kilo6_one

As much as I am not a fan of Obama, he is actually against this and agrees restricts basic freedoms, who is sponsoring this bill?

7. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Basically large media conglomerates.

8. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

was wondering about ppls facebook statuses about this

9. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

Isn't it crazy that they want to censor websites but not censor us from all the crap that is in the media :duh:

10. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

Some of things that have happened in the last 6 years I thought I would never see in my lifetime, it is unbelievable that elected officials could even think about bringing this to law........ There will be a cleaning of house @ The White House and if the current administration is voted in again this country deserves what it gets...........unfortunately I and many others will be along for the ride.

11. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Haha I faked my address to sign this bill. I live in buffalo lol

12. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

13. Kilo6_one

and what a god awful ride that will be, having an idiot as a gov. is bad enough...........

This law is censorship plain and simple pushed by greedy fat cats in Hollywood and Disney. There are already laws on the books that address this issue, ever watch a DVD, and at the beginning there is a FBI warning? well maybe they should start prosecuting those offenders before creating more laws. Like the video I posted, its like trying to kill a lion with a flame thrower, kittens will be killed.

So tired of living in a nanny state.

14. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Our liberal government doesn't like us purchasing from other countries "because it doesn't benefit US economy". They wanna charge you $1 per song, when the artist only gets $0.03 per song sold, the rest is profit of a website...websites overseas will sell you songs for $0.10 and yes they pay their taxes, but consumer is not willing to pay more when you can get stuff for less, right? Why should we?
    That pisses them off and they want you to buy it from them...

15. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

The Obama administration has opposed various aspects so if there is a house to be cleaned it is Congress.

The House Judiciary Committee passed their version and waiting for a floor vote. The Senate is now taking up their version.