Sonax!

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by P1et, Aug 24, 2010.

1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

just curious how did you use it?

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

My dog had a little accident today. Grabbed the Sonax Carpet cleaner, sprayed, let dwell, grabbed a clean towel and wiped it off. Perfect. I think it cleans as good as Folex, but this foams better and it smells great. Folex smells like nothing...

3. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

P1et,
    Did you have a chance to use the leather cleaner yet? Ive been using it for over a month in my M3 and love the way it works.

Im curious as to your opinion. I use it as a quick cleaner and conditioner. Works well and leaves my seats clean and smooth, no left over residue.

4. P1et

OK, had a chance to play with some Sonax today. Tried out the Dashboard Cleaner, the High Speed Wax and the Upholstery and Carpet Cleaner:

I had not wiped down the dashboard in a couple of weeks, and it was dusty.
    [​IMG]

Here is the Dashboard Cleaner, with a clean yellow microfiber.
    [​IMG]

Not certain if you can see it, but cleaned it up nicely and added a touch of gloss.
    [​IMG]

Middle console had some grime on it. Let's see what Dashboard Cleaner can do with this!
    [​IMG]

Yes, this stuff can clean alright!
    [​IMG]

Wash my wife's Explorer and gave it a wipe down with High Speed Wax.
    [​IMG]

My thoughts:

Dashboard Cleaner: I really like the way 1Z Cockpit Cleaner smells, and this smells very good as well. Very different, but very good. This doesn't linger though, I feel that Cockpit Premium lingers a bit more. I like the bottle a lot. The sprayer is wicked and it sprays just the right amount on your MF, or straight onto the surface. I can see this lasting for quite some time as you don't really use much. Cleans a lot better than 1Z Cockpit Premium but since it cleans so well, you probably would need to use this for everyday wipe downs. Cannot comment on the anti-static properties, will report back. But a very nice product!

Upholstery and Carpet Cleaner: I had tried this on the carpet in my home with great success and now I tried it on the seats in our Explorer. They are cloth seats. I vacuumed, brushed, and then sprayed liberally. Let it sit for a minute, then wiped off with a clean MF. I saw a little bit of dirt lifted, and let it air dry. A really nice smell and I can see this one lingering for a bit. I have to tell you, Sonax got it right on their bottles. The sprayers are amazing and it makes it a pleasure to use as opposed to Folex. Not sure how good it cleans as there weren't any spots that needed to be taken care of, so I cannot comment on that. But did a good job lifting some general grime of the seat in its entirety.

Speed Wax: In all honesty, this product surprised me the most. Again, awesome sprayer made my life very easy. I washed the Explorer, dried it and took a single microfiber. Go one panel at a time, and use sparingly. Spread it with one side of the MF and it's almost like it flashes to where you can see a slight haze on the paint. Turn your MF around, and wipe down with the other side. Absolutely streak free and dry. This could be my GO TO QD, but I have not tried my recent purchase of OID yet so I will have to get back on results. Very impressed with this product, cannot wait to see what the beading looks like. This one will not disappoint...

5. GS4_Fiend

GS4_Fiend Virgin Detailer

The SONAX wheel cleaner is AMAZING but the SMELL IS KILLING me... Anyway to kill the smell?

6. P1et

I have not tried it yet, but I have a leather recliner chair that needs a proper cleaning. Probably pop the Sonax out and give it a go.

7. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Hey, Phil, I would spray it on dry wheels and let sit for a few minutes. After turning that dark blood red color, I would ht between the spokes with an Ace Turbostick and then the wheel face with a boar's hair and agitate. Then hose off. On the wheel face, I had to got back on one wheel to clean some dirt / dust off. That seemed odd to me since I keep my wheels clean, clean. Usually cleaned once per week minimum.

8. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

There is a big difference between using a pressure washer ( as is the case in most demos ) and using a hose. A pressure washer will help even a lack luster wheel cleaner look like it performs well. Most people use a hose and will have to agitate the wheel cleaner with brushes and then wash down with a soapy mitt to get good results.

9. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

What I have found is if you let the Sonax sit for over 10 minutes you may have to go back to them and reapply the Sonax.

10. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

I agree on the power washer, but I'm not dragging mine out every time I wash my car. I'll be sticking with P21s wheel gel. I guess I'm getting a little stuck in my ways. If it works as expected, and you know what your expected results will be at the end, then why mess with it. That's kind of how I'm getting anymore.