Sonax Polymer Netshield

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by 12`WRX, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Sorry you have had this issue..

If more people are seeing great results and you are the only one who has not, are you sure, there is not something going on with your process?
    Did you really get the paint prepared and very clean before the application ? I know you have said you did..
    How about the application of the PNS - tell us how you did it leaving out no details, and how you removed it leaving out no details..
    I used to see tons of pollen coming down from all the 100ft+ trees all around Western Washington, all year almost.. it comes down like a huge yellow cloud and covers everything..
    Have never had it remove any product like you are saying what happened to you...
    I am so sorry this has had to happen..
    Dan F

2. jnicklo

jnicklo New Member

I'm not the only person in the thread having this problem. Zerix is too so it's not an isolated incident.

Here are the details:

1. Brand new car, two weeks after buying it, there were very few swirls from dealer prep so I decided to skip polishing for now so I washed with Mother's Gold Car wash and decontaminated with AutoScrub Wash Mitt + Auto Finesse Iron Out. I followed all directions precisely. I let the Iron Out do it's magic and saw the purple streaks but not much since it is like I said, a brand new car that was in a covered parking garage at the dealership (they have a huge four floor garage that they put the cars in rather than them just sitting in an open lot).

2. After decon, I put the car in the garage and began applying the PNS by spritzing the product onto the Uber Hex Grip (red) applicator pad. One panel at a time, 1/2 a panel for the hood and roof. I applied it in a circular motion. Let sit for 30-60 seconds and removed with a clean (brand new) Cobra Microfiber cloth. I did the entire car that way.

Prior washes were performed with Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine.

3. MGEVOX

MGEVOX New Member

Very weird. Either way I am applying it again tomorrow to my MIL's Murano. I will be following these steps wash with CG Citrus Wash Red, decon with ironX and nanoskin mitt, then polish with Sonax PF, then wipe down with Menzerna TI, then apply PNS with red uber hex grip applicator. I will update you as our pollen season is just getting started and this car gets very neglected as she is 60+.

4. kyle butler

kyle butler Birth of a Detailer

really enjoy this product.

i tried it on the wife's 2011 Accord. At first i wasnt sure if i was applying it properly, it didnt seem to have that ultra smooth feel like a Menz PL does after application, but after a few minutes it came to life. Beading is very tight, and what it does for tired plastic is just awesome. I'll be using this on the GTI come fall.

Is anyone applying more than one coat, or is one good enough?

5. ricky bobby

ricky bobby New Member

Since its so quick to apply and you don't use much, I've been known to give a second coat of PNS the following week after application just to even out the coverage a bit better.

6. zerix

zerix New Member

This is also what I do, can also visually see if you missed any spots with how the water is beading.

7. RekeHavoc

RekeHavoc Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Anyone try this as a substitute for glass sealants like Wolfs Glass Guard, or any others? What are your thoughts? Wondering if i can apply this on glass.

8. amz

amz New Member

Honestly, put Aquapel on your windshield, it's even better at repelling water than PNS...but Aquapel isn't safe for paint.

9. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

I have been using PNS on trim and it works great, darkens, shines, protects and last long too. Mmmmmm wonder if it would work on tires?

10. amz

amz New Member

I never though thought to use it on trim, interesting. Did you put anything on the trim before applying PNS? Any signs of cracking or drying out of the trim?

11. Meticulous-Detail

Just cleaned trim with APC. No problems or issues

12. amz

amz New Member

Did you dress first with something like Adams VRT or 1z vinyl & rubber?

13. Meticulous-Detail

No need, PNS will darken and shine the trim and then it dries to a factory look. Had people asking what I used on my Shelby because the trim looked so nice.

14. awdxtc

awdxtc Birth of a Detailer

So do you use this before or after a carnuba or is it one or the other?

15. ModernBlue9

ModernBlue9 New Member

Before wax.