**SOCAL** thread

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by edwinbong, Feb 20, 2010.

1. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

LOL i drive an 01 suburban. but i have a 70 mach one, 86 toy corolla. had an 06 LE busa but i sold it

2. tkblazer

tkblazer Any Rag Vehicle Washer

i'm in garden grove and drive a 94 miata

3. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

Mission Viejo (949) area code.

Like the idea of this socal thread.

4. bimmer nation

bimmer nation Birth of a Detailer

thousand oaks.
    (ventura county)

5. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

I understand the cost of living in LA in not cheap. Im single 24 old , perfect time to go and see the world. Im saving up for this move, Im serious about it. even tho I never visit cali. all I want is a peaceful n quiet place to live ( not like middle of no where ).

about Northeast....

sorry I mean Northwest, in your area maybe. My company has a dealer in Oxnard CA & all over SOCAL. so through our network, hopefully will be easier for me to find a job. im making $35k a year. I think thats too little lol.

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Birth of a Detailer

Oxnard is an older agricultural area it's close to the ocean so it's cooler.
    Don't know if it's what a young 24 year old would want?
    Lot of migrant farm workers .

I would strongly suggest you spend a couple of bucks and visit before you pull the trigger and move!

7. Frankastic

Bob thanks for the tips. I done quite some research on Cali already before I got into Detailing. SF,LA, and SD are my choices. and yes I will spend the $$$$ and visit. I have two week vacation this year just for that.

when I first step into this country, I been dreaming about California since then. I ask my parents why NJ & NYC, I don't like it here. They said because our friends and relatives are here. well I made one friend in North east 14 years, and this one friend is moving to cali. all my other friends are in Maryland.

8. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

I recently moved to Newport Beach after living in Connecticut for a few years and love it. Everything about it is better suited for me as it is very easy to live in and the weather can't be beat.

I was previously at Seton Hall University in NJ and I didn't like NJ at all. Connecticut was nice but I am not missing the winters now that I here.

9. Frankastic

I heard many stories like yours, everyone love it there. can't wait for my cali vacation.

10. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

hey guys, anybody in 909 area that does detail?

11. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

where abouts in 909? i live fairly close and i am mobile

12. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

zip is 91761

13. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

whats up socal guys? kinda quiet in here

14. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

man the socal people are always sleeping lol

15. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Too chilly to be doing anything active lol. I'll be working on a classic Volvo this weekend though. The owner is going to use it for his wedding car :)

16. brk4euros

brk4euros DB Pro Supporter

San Diego!

17. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

weather has been crazy out here... haven't really been able to work on much lately

18. kaisernaut

kaisernaut DB Forum Supporter

new member!!!!!
    Rosemead---626---SGV

!st POST

19. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Welcome to DB!

20. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

What the heck is the deal with this weather in So Cal lately? We are finally getting sun this weekend. Let's enjoy this while we can and detail the sh** out of as many cars as we can.