Snow Cannon

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by P1et, Oct 26, 2007.

1. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Looks good Wolfpacker :D Man, I need to order a new foam cannon. Nice of you to buy your wife a XC90 :D Can`t wait for the full detail ;)

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Awesome pics Wolfpacker, thanks for the detailed explanation! I'm very jealous of the foam gun, very jealous!

Great to see your sun getting into the action and a lovely XC90 to boot that you got. My dad has one as well and even though he's getting a new X5 soon, he loves that thing!!!

3. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Dang Bro.. You are pretty foamtastic there!!

Hmm, I've been wanting a foam gun to hold me over until I can figure out how the hell to get a foam cannon but mybe I shouldn't even waste my time with the foam gun huh???

And below is my vote for one of the best EVER "in process pics"... that's a beautiful thing... Hey, if they stay interested looks like you have a topm notch detailer & photographer in the making..You'll just need to to the polishing...lol

Thanks for sharing man!

4. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Very nice pics Wolfpacker

I am excited to see the polishing with the flex. I had trouble working on a Volvo SUV just this summer..the paint was HARD! Rotary was barely cutting it with Meguiar's #84. I don't know if they changed their paint, but I am interested in seeing the results. What polishes do you plan on using?

5. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

There is only some minor swirling and spider webbing as far as I could tell but it was getting late. If my first look holds true I plan on a line up of Menzerna 106ff, followed by Chemical Guys Wet Mirror Finish, followed by CG JetSeal, and if I'm really feeling spunky followed up by a coat of Pete's 53. Damn I'm getting excited just typing this :righton:!

6. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Nice pictures WOlfpacker! That's cool your son helped you out :D. I need to get me a foam cannon...I will someday!

7. Nica

Nica Banned

The foam gun looks like it's working quite well :thumb: It's odd though some people don't like the foam gun others love it...I don't know but I think it's just wicked stuff loading up your vehicle with shaving cream :rollinglaugh:

That is a very nice Volvo you got your wife, I too can't wait for the post happy :buffer: oh and the picture of your little boy helping out is wicked, start them yung nothing wrong with that :D

8. JLs Detailing

Guys I was having so much fun with this thing that I decided to foam up my Jeep and give it a quick wash. I used Majestic Solutions Wash & Wax today and closed down on the dilution knob a little more to get some more foam :righton:. This soap really foamed up well and it cleans like no tomorrow. My 7 year old daughter took these pics while I was working. I didn't know she had taken them but she did such a good job I figured I'd make her day and post them.

The last two pics are of the finished product. After the wash I dried with leaf blower and finished off with DP 4n1 QD and Guzzler. I then tried Chemical Guys Blitz for the first time and must say this stuff is AWESOME (Thanks FMINUS and OrngeZ)! I washed wheels with SC Beyond Steel, Tires and Wells with Majestic Solutions APC, and pressure washer, washed Jeep, dried, applied Blitz and buffed off, dressed wheels with SC Beyond Black, and treated all exterior trim and bumpers with Chemical Guys Extreme VRP. Total time from start to finish was 52 minutes! This foam gun makes for some quick work! Here are the pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry to turn this into a mini Show & Shine but man I love this thing....no wait a minute my daughter really wanted her pics posted....yeah that's it, yeah that's the ticket! :p

9. pirex

Looks great Wolfpacker :D Love the foam!! Your Jeep looks great to ;) soo, detailing the Volvo today? :D

10. JLs Detailing

Thanks pirex and YES I AM! Just reading a few things here and I'm out to use the Flex for the first time.

11. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Wolf, do you know what impresses me most about your work every single time? That you have the uncanny ability to make a vehicle look like it just rolled off the factory line. The paint looks perfect, the plastic looks brand new and the tires look they just were just slapped on.

Jealous of your quality of work!

12. pirex

I agree with P1et here! Every detailers goal should be to get the car look brand new!

13. Nica

Nica Banned

Man that goam gun is wicked :righton: I would agree about the comments being made here about the detail. Shoot for the stars, making vehicles look better then new is what every detailer should aim for.

Vehicle looks great :thumb:

Thank you for sharing and don't feel bad about posting pictures....you know us we love pictures :righton:

14. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

:( too bad no one in Calgary can get one! No soap is allowed down the drain..and the foam makes it really obvious that it is you ahaha.

15. Nica

Nica Banned

Yup, just another reason why haven't purchased one for my self.

I think all car wash bays should have these though :righton: that's a hint crossroad ;)

16. shadybreal

shadybreal Two Bucket System Washer

Glad to see you love the foam gun. Thanks for the order! How much blitz did you get? I'm thinking of trying it.

17. Nica

Nica Banned

shadybreal, good job on the foam gun my friend :thumb: may have to hit you up on one of these soon :beerbang:

18. shadybreal

shadybreal Two Bucket System Washer

Sounds good! Just let me know.

19. JLs Detailing

I bought a gallon of the stuff because I liked it so much! And like you said I don't know how I ever detailed before without a foam gun!

20. Nica

Nica Banned

Will do my friend, will do. Only thing holding me back is that I don't have a pressure washer just yet...once I make up my mind on the pressure washer I want I'll proceed and order the foam gun from you :thumb: