Snow Cannon

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by P1et, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

If it was sent the slow way it will take about a month to two months, found that out the hard way :acry2:

2. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

hyehe, yeah. But not 3-4 months

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

You need to stay on top of that boy to get the stuff you paid for! And then some!

4. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Got my foam cannon from shadybreal today :righton:! I'll post up some pics of it later on tonight. I'm at work right now and for some unknown reason they actually want me to pay attention to 170 Megawatt power plant :p, but I'll have some free time later.

5. Nica

Nica Banned

mmmm...170 Megawatt power plant...nice :thumb: what are you doing there?

I'm an electrical Engineer, voltage is my thing :righton:

6. JLs Detailing

Control Room Operator. We have a 170 MW plant and a 45 MW facility, both are coal fired. You can probably appreciate this Nica, we fried our potential transformer that feeds our exciter used to excite the field of our generator. We put in a new exciter and when starting up voltages were way off and field engineer ramped up too quickly to match voltages and boom PT exploded....not pretty.

7. Nica

Nica Banned

Yikes, I wouldn't want to be there when the PT's exploded..not prity.

Man you got the job I originally wanted when I came out of school :righton: nice!

Currently I'm a Commercial Planner, I design new Commercial Development...basically insure feeders (distribution side of substations) can handle the new load and bring suficient power to the site. I don't mind it I've been doing it for a wile now, I've now moved on to Residential Development, that's fun.

So now I do both, Residential and Commercial Development. Get to meet lots of big players here in the City, get some nice kick backs too once in a wile :thumb:

8. JLs Detailing

Alright everyone here are the pics of my new foam cannon with each piece in it's own picture and then some pics of everything:

Here is the new 50' hose with quick connects male end connects to the water pump and female end connects to the trigger gun.
    [​IMG]

Here is the foam cannon nozzle/lance assembly with a male quick connect
    [​IMG]

My new trigger gun. I could have used my old one but I liked having this since my trigger gun is so long I just like having a more compact design for the foam cannon, plus I now have a backup with my old one. You can see it has a male quick connect on the supply side and a female quick connect on the discharge side.
    [​IMG]

Connection for the discharge side of the water pump with a female quick connect for the hose.
    [​IMG]

And a couple of group shots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I opted for the quick connects for sheer convience so you could save some money if you opted not to get those. I am going to see if I can find a few more quick connects so I can use the wand from my old trigger gun when I just want to rinse that way I can easily get to some hard to reach areas.

I have to give shadybreal from AG huge props for helping me out. I saw the invoice and he didn't make a dime off of this. I tried to include a little extra so at least he could have lunch on me one day for helping me out. He made the order last Friday evening and it shipped out on Monday and I got it yesterday. He called or PM'd me each time to let me know what was going on. I was a little hesitant about this venture I must admit from all the fallout on AG with Justin and the guns and when my man pirex wasn't getting his but after conversing with ehuth1 from AG he assured me shadybreal would hook me up and he was right. Hope yours arrives soon Pirex.

I get off of night shift tomorrow and will probably opt for no sleep so I can use this thing :righton:! I'll let you know how it goes and provide some pics. Hopefully my new Flex XC 3401 comes today and man it'll be like Christmas for me tomorrow :D!

9. P1et

Wolf, you are the man for taking pics and letting us know what all the parts were.

What are you hooking this all up to? I mean, what pressure washer?

And how much did this set you all back?

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Those are some wicked pictures, I've been wanting to get my self one of these but to be honest I don't even own a pressure washer and here in town we aren't allowed to wash our vehicles outside....but I'd still want to get one.

You know who needs to get a few of these is crossroad.

Thank you for sharing, look forward on reading your thoughts on it.

Oh I'm curious too how much?

11. JLs Detailing

Hey I'll be hooking this up to a Troy Bilt 3000 psi gas powered pressure washer. I got everything including shipping for just under $200. But that figure includes the 50' hose which if I recall correctly was at least $40 - $50 of the price. Without the hose depending of where it's shipping to you should be able to come in just under $150. Oh yeah that figure also included 7 quick connect couplings so that raised the price as well. If I remember correctly price for just the foam cannon was around $85 but I wanted all the extras and bells and whistles.

12. P1et

OK, that is a really good deal! I can definitely swing $200 for something like that.

Are the hook ups universal? Or do you have to tell Shadybreal what you'll be hooking it up to?

Post up some pics when you first use it!

13. JLs Detailing

Yeah I had to tell shadybreal what I was going to be hooking to, but I think unless you are using a Karcher the hook ups are pretty universal.

I was hoping to post up some pics today of it along with a review and pics and a review of the Flex XC 3401 VRG but the detail I was suppose to do canceled because she needed to use her Tahoe today. I almost begged her to let me do the detail and was on the verge of saying "OK I'll do it for free if you just let me detail the freakin' car already. I've got new toys and I am freakin' jonesing to use them, alright!":D

14. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I have Karcher..any idea how much more difficult would this be for me and what I may/may not need?

15. JLs Detailing

Not sure bro. From what I remember reading from all the research I did the Karcher posed some problems but I'm not sure if it was from someone like shadybreal who is getting everything from a local dealer that is knowledgeable about foam cannons or if it was posing a problem for guys trying to make up their unit on their own going through various web sites to get parts.

It may just be that it's not more difficult but rather that their hook ups are unique and if you didn't know that you would buy the hook ups for the majority of pressure washers and they wouldn't work. May be that you would just need a few extra "adapters" to make the universals fit. Like I said not really sure what the issue was but I do recall there being one with the Karchers. Did I just ramble for 2 paragraphs and not make much sense? Hope not :p.

16. JLs Detailing

Also I PM'd shadybreal on AG to tell him I got the cannon and he said for me to be sure to post pics and tell everyone where I got it from. Not sure if he just wants to clear/seperate his name from the Justin fiasco or that he wouldn't mind doing this for others. I really feel like, after dealing and talking to him, that it's the latter. Like I said before he wasn't making anything off of it just helping me out. With all the fallout that happened with the guns previously shadybreal seems to be going out of his way to make sure that doesn't happen to people that deal with him. I could suggest to anyone, and feel 100% comfortable about it, to go to shadybreal if you want one of these.

17. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

I need to get my money back from Justin, and go to shadybreal...

18. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

get ur money back!

19. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

werd...

I really hope he has an explaination for this. Call me inconsiderate, but a mass email to your customers...who have paid...doesn't take a very long time. If you have time to be on AG you have time to email....just my $0.02.

20. JLs Detailing

OK guys got to use the foam gun yesterday as I bought the wife an '05 Volvo XC90. Since I didn't get it until yesterday afternoon only had time to start the detail. Had a couple of new toys - foam cannon and Flex XC 3401 but only had time to use the foam cannon. Full detail will be completed this weekend so pics of that will be up on Show and Shine soon I hope.

Well anyway on to the foam cannon review. I'll start by saying that I do not know how I made it before without this thing! WOW! I had liked my AG foam gun ever since I had purchased it and I guess if I had never known any better would have been fine with it forever. But now, the AG foam gun will probably never see the light of day again. The foam cannon cut my cleaning time down dramatically and gave me a TON of soapy foam to work with.

I started the detail like always by doing tires/wheels first. This was the first time I had used my pressure washer when doing a vehicle and using it on tires was the deal. I should have been using it on tires, wheels, and wheel wells even before I got the foam cannon. After tires/wheels I moved on to the engine where it was cleaned with just a misting from the garden hose. I then hooked the hose back up to the pressure washer and attached my foam cannon and the foam party began!

I used about 1.5 oz of Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss and filled the container the remaining way up with water. ehuth1 had told me to turn the dilution knob on top all the way to the right and then back to the left 1.25 turns. He also said if you want shaving cream type foam just turn it all the way to the right. He said his method would save some product. Well I followed his directions and from the pics you can see the foam I got! I did only use about 2/3 of the bottle so I could have turned the knob more to the right and gotten even more foam and not run out of product, which is what I'll do next time as long as it's not for some huge vehicle, man I LOVE foam! With the foam cannon and my new boars hair brush I was able to wash the XC90 in about 15-20 minutes and that includes pre-rinse, change lance to foam cannon, soak down about 3/4 of car, go get other gas can because pressure washer ran out of gas :mad:, fill up pressure washer, re-crank, finish foaming (foam I had previously sprayed looked like it had not moved an inch it was so thick), take pics, wash entire vehicle from top to bottom rinsing brush after every panel in rinse bucket with grit gaurd, change back to other lance, and rinse again. Including drying with leaf blower and finishing off drying with DP 4n1 QD and guzzler it took a grand total of about 30-35 minutes.

BELEIVE THE HYPE PEOPLE, this thing is the real deal! Here are some pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And my favorite pic. My 4 year old son helping me! He loves to help detail cars and is only allowed to do wheels/tires right now but you can see he gives a 100% at that! That pic isn't the best in the world but my 7 year old daughter was taking his pic and he moves kind of fast :p.

[​IMG]