Should you fridge your waxes?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by FMINUS, Feb 13, 2008.

1. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

No, but Divine will ;)

2. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

lol thanx fminus

3. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

now why would you do something crazy like that, vintage s like a peice of art, it should be out on display.. i figure if i spend 2k on it I can also use it as a peice displayed in my family room

4. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

What is the difference between the two stores and customers.:thumb:

5. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

lol agreed but i want to make sure the wax is happy with a controlled enviroment

besides anyone finds out i paid that much for wax i will get laughed out of my house, lol

6. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

How come I do not see any night train or boones farm in your cellar?:joint:

7. PTJD

PTJD Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thats our favorite!!! We drank it all!:drinking2:

8. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

For those of you storing your Swissvax waxes in wine coolers or refrigerators, how many have actually called Swissvax to see what they recommend?

9. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

You won a glass of wine on your next trip to the wine cooler.

10. D&D Auto Detailing

11. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

have you called them or are you just wanting someone to call for you?

12. D&D Auto Detailing

Ive already talked to them. Im wondering if anyone else who has bought a wine cooler specifically for the waxes has talked to them.

13. O4COBRA

O4COBRA Birth of a Detailer

Excuse me if I missed this in prior posts. But is the whole point of putting the wax in a temp controlled environment to help prolong the usable life?

What about spray waxes? I use OCW religiously and what curious if it would be a good idea to throw that in there as well?

14. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

What did they say then? I'm curious as to what Swissvax had to say about this and im sure everyone else is as well.

15. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Ya the idea for putting it in the fridge is to prolong the life of the wax.

I wouldnt throw spray waxes in there though, just pastes.

16. O4COBRA

O4COBRA Birth of a Detailer

^ Ahh. Thanks.

*Going to grab the Trade Secret to throw it in the mini fridge!!* :)

17. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Are you going to share what they said with us?

18. D&D Auto Detailing

Apparently it was another one of those things started by Zymol. Swissvax says its not necessary to store them in a fridge or wine cooler. Store the waxes indoors under 80* and you'll be fine.

19. dengood1

dengood1 Birth of a Detailer

I've had all mine in my garage for several years, which sees higher temps/colder temps here in central Fl. and I yet to have a problem with any. Just make sure the lids are on tight or wrap a piece of saran wrap over the wax then screw the cap on. It will should seal the wax a little better. Higher end waxes come with "O" rings to seal.

20. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

For some reason my waxes tend to SHRINK within the tubs, Im going to see if my $70 wine cooler will prevent/prolong this.

I dont see why SV word would be better than Z or vise versa. Vic also recommends refrigeration. The best bet is to try it yourself