Shots of Crystal rock after a rain storm

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Dangler, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Dangler

Dangler Birth of a Detailer

The beading is really tight, only the flat surfaces had water on them. vertical panels were dry minutes after the rain stopped. I'm sure there are other waxes that can do this, but i figured i would just share, since I'm pretty happy with the performance and the look of this wax. The car is a grey metallic, and this wax makes it look wet and glossy under all lighting situations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

3. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

sweeeeet!

4. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

bada bing bada boom!

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

MMMMMMM..................beads!

6. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

My collinite 845iw looks like that

7. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Most incredible bead I have ever seen, kudos on CR

8. cnut

cnut Guest

I agree!

9. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Yea, I've seen 845 do this as well as AG HD wax. I'm more concerned with waxes that will sheet water, I'm tired of them sticking to the surface and creating water spots.

10. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

That reminded me!

Today, I used PB Black Hole and as it good as it was, the true condition of the paint was damn awful! This is an 11 year old car (my dad owned it all these years), how was this hard water damage hidden this well all this time! For one, I think this damage is some hardcore stuff, and might not be removable by polishing. One thing I know... It needs some serious correction. For now 1 coat IW845 and BFWD.

Back on track, beading sucks in rainy weather! Why cant they develop a fast sheeting sealant? If there is... someone point me to it.

11. Dangler

Dangler Birth of a Detailer

Though there are other waxes that can bead like this, it looks great overall, the best i've seen on grey. And it lasts. also a quick drive, and the car is dry. And beads do leave spots, but with the protection that CR has, they don't stain or etch the paint.

I'm happy with the performance and look. Is it worth the price? not to many. But i did buy the pot used with 90% left and at half the regular price.

I have to say though as far as water repelling Shield beats CR in my experience. the water sheets off the paint. once CR runs out, i'll continue to apply shield from here on out. I may save cr for future cars.

12. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

holding up very nice!!!

13. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

Oh yes, I will openly admit I am a slave to any LSP that has great beading properties. Although CR is a hefty price to pay, you cannot argue with the results as long as you are happy with it which it seems you are.