Shampoo Sale at Detailed Image

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Red Orc, May 5, 2010.

1. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Sour Power is 500:1 on average, up to 800:1 as just a normal maintenance wash, and up to 300:1 for the strongest carnauba protection.

I have no experience with Born to be Mild but their website says up to 800:1. I contacted Dodo directly and they gave me that advice on Sour Power, but they said you may additionally have to play with the dilution ratios to see what works for you based on your water hardness/softness.

Don't forget that with Dodo shampoos you fill the water first, THEN add the soap, stir the solution around, and spray the solution again with some more water to generate your suds.

I once added soap first then filled with water (under the sink) and the suds came all the way out of the bucket before I even had a gallon or two of water in there.

2. Red Orc

Red Orc Birth of a Detailer

Just ordered Poorboy's World Super Slick & Suds and Optimum Car Soap!
    I really should order a couple more bottles of BTBM while its at such a fantastic price.:headbang:

3. lasthope05

lasthope05 Jedi Nuba

Good thing they have this sale! I've been having a shampoo craving for the longest and needed a fix to hold me over for a while.

I ordered some PB SS&S, CG Glossworks, DJ BTBM(3), and DJ sour power to add to rest of my collection of shampoo's.

4. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I'm ordering some PB SSS, and both of the dodo shampoos. The Optimum Car Wash is EXCELLENT. If you don't have it, buy it.

5. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Is the Optimum Car Wash pH neutral? I recently bought a gallon of the stuff when DI had it as the daily special. I've used it before but never knew if it's pH neutral or not.

6. metsfan

metsfan Birth of a Detailer

i ordered a bunch too . Picked up 2 glossworks , diablo , citrus wash and a sour power and got my free 303.Oh and a maxi suds. I already have a gallon of opt wash and onr

7. MRSHINE

MRSHINE Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Good job, sounds like your set :thumb: GO METS

8. metsfan

metsfan Birth of a Detailer

yea i should be good for a while .i already had a glossworks so now i got 3 bottles . My favorite by far but opt wash has more suds . Anyone else think that maxi suds kinda suck . It has suds in the name but not the bucket .whats up with that ?lol

9. Dial Up

Dial Up Birth of a Detailer

ive been rotating with Optimum and Glossworks (both bought from DI)

i like Optimum just a tad better, but the concentration level of Glossworks 16oz can last awhile

Cg citrus wash 1 gal (orange one) very sudsy and slick, removed 2 or 3 coats of 845 on my

company service truck (squeaky clean :cig: )

10. Red Orc

I just checked the site and the sale price on Glossworkz has been extended until May 31st ! (That gallon bottle is calling my name...)
    All the other sale prices are ending tonight :)

11. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Glossworkz is the monthly special. Heres something just to make you buy it faster :p http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/18077-cg-gloss-workz-review.htm Trust me your going to love it! I sure do. Never used in foam gun (as I don't have one) but it foams up nicely!

12. Red Orc

13. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

is glossworkz cheaper at DI compare to CG directly?

14. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Ordered 2x250ml of Dodo BTBM, 1x250 Sour Power, 1x32 oz of Poorboy's SS&S.

15. luke093

Well, it comes out to be like $3-4 more with DI, but its well worth the great CS from Greg, and the fact that he has constant promos if you spend over $50, so might as well get something else with GW if you wish.

16. Red Orc

EXTREME BodyWash & Synthetic Wax/Gloss Enhancer -SHAMPOO (1 Gallon)
    This is on sale for $16. I think it's the same as Glossworkz but I'm not really sure. $10.25 for shipping so you're looking at $26 altogether.
    Glossworkz is on sale for $30 IIRC and shipping is about $8.
    If the EXTREME BodyWash & Synthetic Wax/Gloss Enhancer -SHAMPOO (1 Gallon) is the same as Glossworkz that's a pretty good bargain.

17. luke093

Thats a pretty risky IF. Personally I think they are different, as I don't think they would relabel products made by themselves...

But, hey, if someone wants to try and find out for us, by all means :)

EDIT: by the looks of it, the product you listed on the site is a) purple, and b) has separation, and my glossworkz doesn't have that at all. So I'm just going to say they are different for now.

18. Red Orc

If they sold a 16 ounce bottle I'd gladly give it a try but I'm not interested in buying a gallon of some stuff that might be the same as Glossworkz.