Rust stains out of carpet?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by badmatt, Aug 12, 2009.

1. badmatt

badmatt Birth of a Detailer

Any body have any idea's? The carpet out of my mini truck is stained dad left some tools in there and i had to leave it uncovered one night and it rained and there was a small hole in the firewall (no fixed) needless to say carpet has some rust stains!

Man this is one DIRTY!!! carpet.. might just be easier to purchase a new one($110).

[​IMG]

Matt

2. richy

richy Guest

Since a new one is not too expensive, you can afford to be really really aggressive with your cleaning methods. Do you have an extractor? I would try some Zep High Traffic cleaner or 303 carpet cleaner. Vacuum it well 1st..you should always do that anyway. Then scrub the Hell out of it with the Zep or whatever. I don't think CLR is meant for fabrics so even though it's meant to deal with rust, I'd stay away from that..just thinking out loud here...Anyway, power wash and vacuum and repeat as necessary. I can't remember ever dealing with a rust stain specifically..it might not be that bad; you'll just have to see. If you have a steamer, another bonus. Steam and extraction are your 2 best friends for stains. Good luck man.

3. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

4. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I think ProChem makes something for that, check it out.

5. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I'd honestly would try CLR. works good on blood stains on clothes...

6. badmatt

badmatt Birth of a Detailer

I wash thinking CLR and the use of a pressure washer... hmm maybe ill give that a shot this weekend

7. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

If cleaning doesn't do it,Re-Dye that area :cig:

8. richy

richy Guest

Shhhhhhhhhhh..Dude your Mafia roots are showing..Shhhhhhhh

9. Nica

Nica Banned

:lol2: :lol2:

10. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

LOL i was just thinking hmm i wonder how/why he knows this LOL

11. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

no comment... :paranoia:

12. Ch40t1c

Ch40t1c Obsessive Detailer

Like Richy said, Zep High Traffic works well, my mom picked some up and it worked wonders on small blood stains from when we clipped our dog's toe nails just a bit too close :doh: (I'm sorry PETA, it was an accident.)