Rupes LHR15ES or Flex XC3401 VRG?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by crxtone, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

The Rupes 21 has a bigger cutting orbit.................that's how it accomplishes faster cutting ability with a smoother feel. The Flex will scour, walk on the paint, and with certain pads and compound really haze up the finish. I have a Festool RO150 which also has a forced rotation mode and the that machine has more power than a Flex but does not cut as fast or leave the finish quite the same as a Rupes.

As I have used everything that has come along, right now the Rupes 21 with the washer mod is the best machine to use for paint correction(Some issues I still brake out the rotary but the Rupes can do everything the rotary can do where the rotary cannot do as well as the what the Rupes machine can do over all for finishing and getting up to trim edges etc....). I do not work for Rupes, however I am close with Mr KBM but I will not laud the exploits of something unless I have used it and verified it's performance in all circumstances.

2. alphauto

alphauto Virgin Detailer

Thanks for the advice. I will look into getting some hands on experience comparing the two before deciding.