Rupes LHR15ES or Flex XC3401 VRG?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by crxtone, Feb 2, 2013.

1. crxtone

crxtone Virgin Detailer

I have been researching these machines for quite some time now, but am uncertain which one you all feel performs or corrects better.. I have personally used the Flex for detailing myself and have achieved great results with it in reasonable time. However, I have not yet experienced the Rupes. Has anyone used and compared these side by side? If so, which of these 2 polishers would you recommend.

-Tony

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

where are you located?

3. crxtone

crxtone Virgin Detailer

I'm in Idaho

4. detailersdomain

I was going to say if you're close by come by and test one out, I personally love the Rupes, never got the hang of the Flex but we do sell quite a few of them.

What else would you like to know?

5. crxtone

crxtone Virgin Detailer

I wish I was. What specifically do you love about the Rupes?

6. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

just did a ford crown vic 17 years old, daily driver, left outside always and with the rupes 21 yellow pad and mothers rub compound. wow, 1 hr 15 mins . not a perfect correction but certainly much quicker and better than my flex's. just a quick finish polish and men powerlock and done. bought it for just this reason and it delivers. getting too old to spend all day polishing. bumpers were trash or i would have got to try the 75 down low.

7. detailersdomain

I like the fact that I'm able to save time, that in itself is a big factor. I also like how it handles it's nice and smooth.

8. crxtone

crxtone Virgin Detailer

Good to hear!

9. crxtone

crxtone Virgin Detailer

I see.. I have heard the Rupes deliver quick and precise finishes with little effort using the right pads and compounds. Sounds like I may go the Rupes route on my next order. Thanks guys!

10. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

Get the rupes 15 kit and some extra uber pad from Phil and you are set to go.
    If you have questions, call or email Phil or Kevin Brown

11. Beachzone

Beachzone Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I was recently in the same predicament! I decided that the forced rotation of the Flex made more sense to me as far as correction goes. It's a different animal than my Megs g110 v2 but i mastered it after about a half hour on a 1960 Bel Air lol! I am extremely pleased with the machine in all aspects and would buy it again in a heartbeat of i had to! Saves me much more time and is very comfortable to use. It also spins my 6.5" pads without a problem so that it's also helpful in saving previous time! Do some research and see what fits you best!

-Beach

12. cnut

cnut DB Forum Supporter

Crx, how much polishing will you be doing with it? I went with the 15 and really like it. I couldn't recommend it enough!!

13. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

The Rupes is always touted to save time, but I never see any explanation as to how it does this. Can anyone comment on its technology as compared to the flex?

14. wheelzntoys01

wheelzntoys01 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

15. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

Thanks that was what I needed.

16. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

I have a flex 3401, nice machine. Idk about rupes as i dont plan on switching. I saw a huge time savings over my former PC when switching to the flex, however I just dont buy into the time savings here. The machine looks smoother than the flex tho. If money is the same i think its a toss up. The flex is a workhorse. I had kinda a sour taste in my mouth because i got the faulty backing plate that absolutely nobody helped me with. Took forever to get a new backing plate, flex hesitated and the store i bought it from wasnt very helpful either. That was a long time ago as soon as it came out tho. Best of luck deciding, doubt you can go wrong here!

17. crxtone

crxtone Virgin Detailer

I will be doing as much with it as i can! Just ordered the the complete Rupes Bigfoot system last week.. Should be here any day! Like you I went with the 15 as well.

18. crxtone

crxtone Virgin Detailer

The Flex 3401 is a great machine. I myself have used it for paint work correction purposes and it does a great job! Not to mention it is very user friendly and well built. The Rupes is the rage right now so I just couldnt help myself but to give it a shot..

19. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

I see a few Rupes doubters still are out there, I could never understand making a opinion on a product or machine that you have never used................ saw this also happen with Megs D-300 when it came out, just baffling to me.

20. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

Hey Bob even wih the Rupes having only a 500 watt motor it corrects better and quicker? I've never tried one which is why I ask. It appears to be a beast of a machine but the power issue baffles me as the griots for example has a 800 or 850 watt motor on it.

Hopefully I'll get one in do time.