rupes...help guide me

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by awdxtc, Jun 2, 2013.

1. awdxtc

awdxtc Birth of a Detailer

Ok so I was all set to order a pc machine from phil when I noticed. ..its not on the website anymore. I have done a little bit of research about the rupes polisher and it looks like a good unit. What I want to know/am confused about is this...can you only use microfiber pads with it? I guess I don't really get the whole mf pad concept, so if you could please help inform me that would be great.

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

You can use any pads and polishes you would normally use with a PC. The MF discs provide more cutting power than the foam pads will on a DA. On most paints they are also able to finish down very well meaning little to no cleaning up with another polish to remove hazing or micro marring. The Optimum Cutting Disc ( also available from Autoality under the Microcut name and they are a bit cheaper ) work really well with Optimum Hyper polish for light polishing and Menzerna FG400 if you need to get rid of a bit heavier swirling and defects. I prefer the finish left by foam pads so will use MF to cut and when a second step is necessary, I'll finish out with foam.

3. awdxtc

Ahh I see, tha ks for all of your help.

4. 911Fanatic

No worries. Ask away if you have more questions.

5. awdxtc

Have you used the nanoskin auto scrub?

6. 911Fanatic

Actually no, I haven't. I've had it on my shelf for months but never tried it yet! LOL

7. awdxtc

Lol I went and ordered it. I will let you know how I like it.