1. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Dewalts are not loud at all. I have two Black and Deckers that are over 20 years old and have never had a problem. They are a little heavier than some other rotaries but the little extra weight helps in paint correction. The Dynabrade is almost the exact same as mine and if I was in the market for a new roatary that would be the one of my choices along with a Dewalt or a Milwaukee. Yukon if you have a pic of your Milwaukee that would be great.

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

AR and D&D have me interested in the Dynabrade. I found one at a pretty nice price ($182) new + shipping. Very interested. I like that you can move the handle to either side and even on the top. Seems like the power is there, weight is decent and its got a trigger.

3. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Go for it Heath, become part of the manly rotary club instead of the girly light weight rotary club.:afro:

4. Cooter

Cooter Guest

lol I am. I'll order it friday. I feel bad. I emailed Phil several times regarding the Flex rotary.

5. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

Ill post some on Monday. It is a little heavy but it doesn't bother me. The cord is changeable, it has a switch to lock the thread making it easy to change pads, trigger, and it run like a champ. No plastic on it, built to withstand everything. Reminds me of a F350, very heavy duty!

6. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Knowing Phil he'll probably start selling Dynabrades soon!

7. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Glad to hear it Heath. Yukon thanks for posting the picks on Monday, Milwaukee makes very good tools so your rotary will probably last as long as my Black and Deckers have and then some.

8. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

I bit the bullet and purchased a Dynabrade 51610 like 3 minutes ago. A big thank you to Cooter for finding a very good price for it ($182.50 + $11 for shipping) and PMing me with it. :applause:

I still need to order backing plates and maybe a few pads for it, right now I am really excited, my first rotary. :)

9. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Great purchase you and Heath will enjoy the buffer, also nice find on the price Heath.

10. Nica

Nica Banned

I have a favor to ask, can one of you guys do a video with the rotary in action please, would be very much appreciated :thumb:

11. yukonon22

Here's those pictures Asphalt,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

why the dynabrade over the flex?

13. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Thanks Yukon, nice piece, should last forever. I like the rubber protector on the head of the buffer, that doesn't sound right , so when you set it down it doesnt get all scratched up. I may have to look into one those also. I have a very old all steel Milwaukee buffer that still works, now that is a heavy buffer.

14. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

What are you looking for?

The Dynabrade comes with a plastic protector you can put on the head. I havent shown that to you yet.

15. yukonon22

I would say it's definitely built to last. It is still pretty heavy but the motor just sounds like its full of power rather than a little toy. I am very happy with it and i think my next one would be something like a Fein or Dynabride.

16. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Jedi Nuba

everytime i see the thread title it reminds me of the Rotary Engine

17. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I have been looking at the Fein myself, but I just like a heavier buffer, plus it helps with paint correction. I think the reason for going with a Dynabrade over a Flex is like Yukon out it, you want something that doesn't feel like a toy. The Fein tools are some of the best tools in the world, my brother has a few of their tools and they are just bad ass.

18. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh I don't know just the machine in action, the way it sounds, the way it glides...:shrug:..just the machine in action that's all :peace:

19. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

Nica, I probably wouldn't be the person you want to do the videos, as I mentioned I've never used a rotary before and I probably won't get around to using it for a while.

A little OT, interestingly enough, Dynabrade headquarters is in Clarence, NY, literally like a ten minute drive away from my house, so if it needs any repair work I can just drop it off there.

20. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Just ordered mine a few minute ago. I was worried they'd get a few orders in and then Jack the price up!!

Heath