Rotary Polishing... Help Needed

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by wooly, Jan 24, 2009.

1. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

Agreed. Don't mist with QDs. There is no need to and you never know if something in the QD is going to interfere with the polish working properly.

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Polishing a car properly can take up to a day PER STEP, depending on what you are trying to accomplish. Take your time. I promise the results will be worth it. :thumb:

3. wooly

wooly Virgin Detailer

Thanks Ken, i`ll keep on going till i get it sussed:thumb:

4. wooly

wooly Virgin Detailer

Hi guys, just thought id give you an update on things. Well this morning i had the arrival of a lovely 3M backing plate and some 3M blue 5.5in finishing pads. I think the extra give in the backing plate along with the softness of the waffle type pads have made it easier to keep the pad flat and keep control of the machine, so a big thank you to everyone for their help:worship2: and Purplewidow for recommending the 3M backing plate:worship2:. I cant say that iv totally sussed the rotary cos im still getting some hologramms/buffer trails but things should start to improve now im getting a technique together.:headbang: