Rigid WD4070

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Bunky, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

shultz, your post just makes me want your vacuum. sound like the freak rigid vac that pulls a lot of water column, and it's so awesome that none of the hose kits fit it lol!

I'd guess the same basic motor and impeller unit, just the housing design modifies the DB output

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Tried my 4070 today with the detailing kit and am quite happy with the results. Although its not as powerful as my Cobalt, it was more than adequate to clean up the filthy Escalade I did today complete with some dog hair. Its not too loud either. Vacuum hose that comes in the detailing kit is nice and flexible although I wish it was a wee bit longer. The crevice tool that comes in the kit is awesome as its quite long and it flexes near one end so its awesome for getting down between seats. I would however, pick up a normal crevice tool everyday vacuuming as the flex in the long tool makes it a PITA for everyday use. For $150, money well spent if you are just starting out. :)

3. Bunky

Bunky Guest

The cleaning power of the 4070 is adequate too but thought I was getting more. Maybe having too much is bad for carpet (rationalization starting)...LOL

So you have no issues with the wide pickup tool staying on the tapered nose nozzle? I may go back to the store and look an opened box (they had one) and check the fit. I am sure I can tweak it by building up the nozzle with some duct tape.

4. 911Fanatic

What do you use the wide pick up tool for? I never use anything other than the crevice tools as it focuses the suction on a smaller area. Other than than the crevice tool, I never touch the accessories.

5. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

6. Bunky

Bunky Guest

7. Bullitt AK

Bullitt AK Virgin Detailer

sorry to bring this back however i have a WD4070 and its been used about 3 times and is about 3 months old..anyhow i used it to pull water from floormats after cleaning and i noticed it has alot of water spitting from the exhaust. does this happen with your WD4070? i have to empty the water often because the water level is actually touching the filter since its only a 4 gal...i dont know if this has anything to do with it or not but any info i would appreciate it

thanks

8. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

you are suppose to take out the filter when vacuuming wet.

9. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

I thought that inches of lift was important for an extractor to gage its sucking power and CFM was the important spec for a vacuum. Higher CFM means more air rushing around a dirt particles in the rug and allows them to become airborne and sucked up into the hose.

10. 911Fanatic

Why are you sucking up so much water out of your mats? Get a couple spring loaded clips from Home Depot and after you pressure wash your mats, hang them off something (on an angle so all the water drains to one corner) for about 4-5 minutes each and almost all the water will drain out of the mat. Then you can just vacuum up whats left. :)

In another post recently(different thread), it was noted that CFM is important as the opening on the vacuum itself becomes larger. I don't think it plays as big a roll on smaller machines like ours.

11. 2TONLT1

2TONLT1 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Has anybody picked up the Kobalt kwm508? I'm torn between this unit and the wd4070. Both have simular specs but the kobalt has slightly better cfm than the ridgid. It appears to be Lowe's version of the ridgid wd5500 which i would love to have but can't find any locally

12. 2TONLT1

Ok so i picked up the kwm508 tonight and so far i'm veryyy impressed with the unit,veryyy long 20 ft. plus long hose,and the remote on/off is veryy nice.Will give it a work out tommrow

13. Jose206

Jose206 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hey 2ton lets see some pics! Glad to hear you got the shop vac.

14. 2TONLT1

Here are some Jose,used the unit today a little worked really well, The remote on/off is beyond nice lol

All of the accessories that came with it

[​IMG]

Crazy long hose,it's not fully stretched out in this pic but it's about 23 ft from the vac in this pic

[​IMG]

Remote control unit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. 604_Snooze

how much is this machine 2Ton?
    the hose is very long, but I think you will loose a bit of suction.

16. 2TONLT1

It's 79.99 at Lowes. The thing i like about it is the hose is in two pieces. I have not tried it with just one piece because the suction is extremely strong with both pieces. I end up getting the unit for 25 dollars out of pocket because i had enough wells fargo reward points to get a lowes 50 dollar gift card(thanks wells fargo lol) and i had a 10 percent off lowes coupon lol

17. 604_Snooze

very nice size vacuum, similar to the WD4070

18. 2TONLT1

that was my main point on getting it. I wanted something with a small frame and higher power and specs. I have all my detailing equipment in a volvo station wagon,the low profile is alot better than the large 12 gallon 4.5hp shop vac i had before.

[​IMG]

19. Bunky

Bunky Guest

The volvo seems to be a very practical vehicle for gas mileage to haul your stuff over a gas guzzling truck or dragging a trailer. For mobile guys, gas has to be a very large cost in getting to the vehicle location (more than any chemicals used).

20. Jose206

Jose206 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

That looks sweet, im jealous...