Review: Sonax vs. Royal Brown

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Dust2Glory, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

lol hey i was reading thru the site an they have a small forum it must me the most plain lane forum i have ever seen but got good info. on the products .

Flash Auto Detail Forum

2. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

Thanks for the review!

3. infiniti24

infiniti24 Birth of a Detailer

thnx man for your honest info next time arouond try it with out brushes and see how well they do

4. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

Funny stuff.

I have the CG Sticky Wheel Gel and love it. Works great even diluted at 5:1

the Sonax bottle is like 16.9 oz or something like that. To me personally i just can't justify spending that much money on such a little amount of product. Maybe i would be more prone to doing so if i had the cars behind me to use it on such as doing heavy correction jobs and stuff on BMW's, Mercedes, Range Rovers, Bentleys etc on a daily basis.

So Michae . . . . . what kind of tire dressing are you using because that tire looks perfect in terms of gloss and what not that i personally like and well i have michelin tires myself.

keep the reviews coming . . . . . . i need to get me a assortment of brushes such as what you have.

5. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

This was posted by 'Flash Man' on that forum about clays:

"Using a clay bar is like compounding your car each time. A clay bar is a lot easier to use, but can be very aggressive and wears down the clear coat if use excessively. If you keep your car waxed regularly, then you should not need to use a clay bar all the time. Unless you have paint over spray, surface contaminates etc. A good cleaner wax or a one step product, should be sufficient enough to remove any light surface contaminates. If you want paint protection, depth and shine? Then keep a lot of wax on your car and nothing should stick to the surface."

Scary stuff, but they have a nice bit of information on Royal Brown! I think I am going to try some out, it is very reasonably priced and dilutable.

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

That's what you said in the video!

7. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

:shead: i think d2d is going :crasy: :lol2:

8. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

I only use white pearl.... Those are new tires, and the first time they've been cleaned in a few months. But I dressed them and wiped down and gave a very natural sheen

9. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Unfortunately he doesn't send out samples anymore. I sent him a message on Facebook and this was his reply...

I'll probably pick some up in the future though :)

10. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

call him not face book him an tell him diamond d sent you .

11. scott14

scott14 Birth of a Detailer

well theres 10 min of my life ill never get back lol...jkkkkk

good vids man

12. mutmanns

mutmanns DB Forum Supporter

I bought a gallon of Brown Royal last spring after seeing the youtube videos. I had a brake issue that caused some nasty brake dust and slight rust particles that baked into my left rear wheel. The barrels were a mess. I used the Brown Royal and was really surprised that at that price, it was so strong. I sprayed the wheel liberally with BR and did not agitate. I only let it sit on the wheel for 30 seconds and then rinsed. That alone did remove some of the brake dust but not all. I then sprayed the wheel again with BR and then used different brushes to agitate. I did not take the wheel off the car so it tough to get to some of the areas but after giving some good agitation, almost all the rust particles and brake dust were gone. My third round only required a little product and I was able to get the rest of the brake dust. I wish I had of taken pictures of the wheel but it was very bad. Just be warned, this stuff does smell pretty bad. Made me cough a few times when I first used it as it caught me off guard. I would not say that it is stronger than Meg WB but it is still very strong stuff. It also cleans tires nicely.

13. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Well when I get a chance to use it, I will know to hold my breath or use a mask.

14. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Thanks for the very detailed and unbiased review Dust2Glory !!!

15. jaredpointer

jaredpointer Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I just bought into some stock of the Brown Royal, and so far I am impressed. I really like it, and think it has the potential to be a really great product. Just need to get more time using it to make my final thoughts.

16. rwisejr

I stopped by the pbe shop that I frequent and they had the Brown Royal for sale so I picked some up.Gotta give it a try as I do love the Sonax

17. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

Where on LI did you find Brown Royal? I'm in Wantagh and i checked Pauls Dist. in freeport only to discover that most of what he had was malco products. I do get my collinite 845 from there though if i dont need anything else from phil.

18. rwisejr

Thats where I got it from was Pauls

19. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

well, now i know its time to drop by there again.

20. rwisejr

Yep go get you some. I picked up the 32 oz 6.95 and the Gallon 19.95. So its should work out to be my main cleaner for most Jobs and the Sonax for Special jobs ( Mostly my cars )