Review: Espuma Revolution

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Emile, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Hi Guys,

Espuma Revolution Review:

Overview:
    Espuma Revolution is an alkaline (non-acid) wheel cleaner formulated to remove baked-on brake dust and grime on alloy wheels. The recommended and standard dilution is 10:1 but you can kick it up to 8:1, 6:1, or even 4:1 if the wheels are REALLY bad. And the wheels have to be REALLY bad to even go with 6:1, because the product is very effective at the standard 10:1 ratio.

Directions:
    The directions are just like most wheel cleaners; the user has to just spray the diluted solution (10:1 or as required) onto a cool DRY wheel, give it a minute or two to work, agitate with a brush, and then rinse off thoroughly with water. You can opt to spray it through a pump-up sprayer for a more even application of product, or apply directly to the brush, and just start cleaning.

My Opinion:
    After purchasing and trying out my first liter of product, I immediately ordered 4 more liters. Revolution has super-tough cleaning power while offering easy rinsing without damage to factory-coated wheels. But the bottle does say that if you are unsure about the wheel surface, you should test it on a hidden area before proceeding with cleaning the whole wheel.

Conclusion:
    I definitely recommend this product because it is easy to use, it is very effective, and it is quite affordable. Based on the current exchange rate, you can have one liter shipped for about $35, and one liter makes up to 11 liters of product. It is my go-to alkaline wheel cleaner and it works really great at cleaning tires.

Where to Buy:
    If you want to buy it, you just order it from Tim @ Envy Valeting. Out of respect for the forum rules, I'm not going to post a link, just simply search it and you should find Envy Valeting's website. You can also checkout Tim's details on Detailing World where he has used Revolution on a variety of client's wheels as he is a full-time detailer as well as a retailer, and a really nice guy to boot. :worship2:
    Unfortunately, because it cannot be shipped via air, it has to ship by boat. Tim ships the order out within 24 hours of placing it, but it's a 6-8 week trip before it arrives at my doorstep and I am on the East Coast, more speifically New Jersey.

Here are some pictures of me using Espuma Revolution on the wheel of the Honda Pilot. At the time, I was rotating the wheels so I figured it would make for a good review. I usually wash this car but I have never ever cleaned the barrels or behind the spokes. Car had 24,000 miles at the time of this review:

Front label of the bottle:
    [​IMG]

Rear label of the bottle:
    [​IMG]

A look at the liquid product itself:
    [​IMG]

Filled up my pump sprayer, 40oz water and 4oz product and shook it up thoroughly:
    [​IMG]

The dirty ass wheel:
    [​IMG]

Another angle. A lot of built-up brake dust in the pockets behind the spokes:
    [​IMG]

Another angle:
    [​IMG]

Revolution dwelling on the wheel barrel and tire:
    [​IMG]

Look at the brown coming up and out of the tire:
    [​IMG]

After rinsing off with my pressure washer (not much improvement):
    [​IMG]

Another angle after the first application and rinse:
    [​IMG]

Straight after re-applying, agitating with a Black Wheel Shmitt, and rinsing...WOW!:
    [​IMG]

Another angle of the same thing. This is not a touch-less cleaner, so when you brush, it makes a world of difference:
    [​IMG]

I didn't bother repeating the application or going with a stronger ratio because I just don't care but I did follow this process with all four wheels and got pretty much identical results. As I rotate the tires every 6,000 miles, no wheel was particularly worse than the rest. I have to say, it's pretty impressive results considering I've never touched the insides of those wheel barrels and behind the spokes over 24,000 miles of driving. And I can tell you from experience that the Pilot doesn't accumulate much brake dust on the rims, but when it's there, it is extremely stubborn to remove for some reason.

So there you go.

Thanks,
    Emile

2. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

A+ review man. I've been looking into that wheel cleaner off and on for a while and never got around to ordering it. I think I have like 10 different kinds of wheel cleaners at the moment, with AG CWC just about run out.

3. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Nice review...

From the pictures it looks like it performs just as good as AG CWC even down to the brown leeching out of the rubber.....

4. lasthope05

lasthope05 Jedi Nuba

Espuma Revolution has always caught my eyes but the turn around time to receive it has always put me off.

5. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

nice review. Where can i get one of those sprayers you used . . . . . . and do they perform better then just using a regular trigger sprayer?

they use more or less product?

6. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

vtec, that is a Chapin Multi-Purpose Hand Sprayer model #1002, I buy them from Amazon but I don't think they are very cheap. Home Depot and Lowe's has similar ones for like $7-$10 each for 64oz sprayers. It will easily use up more product than a trigger sprayer but sometimes it's more comfortable or practical to use this kind of sprayer.

7. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Non-acidic but high alkaline (pH 13.5 - 14.0) almost the same effect