RestorFX.... real or bullshit?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Kaban, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

And have "Vinnie" the Sham Wow guy do the infomercial! lol

2. Jumbo Jet

Jumbo Jet Jedi Nuba

Looks like as much as a scam as the clowns who light car hoods on fire at every car show I've been to.

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Do you guys have X cote in the US?

4. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

never heard of it

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Well damn. Sounds like it might actually not be a bad idea for a beater with paint issues.

6. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

Is it just me, or does their infomercial seem like it was done by the same people who advertise the Bowflex...

7. sikedsyko

sikedsyko DB Forum Supporter

The fact that they never show any of the process tells me that its bullshit.

8. 911Fanatic

You guys just kill me. I posted right at the top of this thread that I have watched this product being applied and that it does indeed work as advertised. No, it's not the correct way to do things and the video doesn't do a good job of explaining the process, but, at the end of the day, it does work. I just don't understand how a group of individuals can go on whining about a product when you have zero experience with it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion for sure, but if you're gonna have one, make sure it's a valid one.

9. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

Thanks Ken. At least there's a solution for those cars with the clear coat pealing. I see that it's not a correction but a clear coat addition. So it is different.

10. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

what happens if you get it on rubber trim accidentally or window moldings? That guy who is applying it to the GMC didn't mask anything off.

11. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Ken, it's obvious you're shilling for RestorFX or part of their scam. I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!!

;)

12. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

So this is kind of like a sacrificial clear coat like Opti-Coat? Except it fills in swirls and scratched to some extent and doesn't add protection to the surface. If so... why is this such a bad thing!? Is the coating on the surface look like an OEM clearcoat or does it turn out uneven?

13. 911Fanatic

You're on to me! Damn!

Thats pretty much it. The problem lies in that it is so thin that if you were to polish a panel, you will go through it like burning through a normal layer of clear. Your only option is to have the entire panel redone or sand/polish off the rest of the panel. It does look like factory clear after curing.

14. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

that or he is going to get everyone hyped, we all buy it and he sits and laughs his ass off because we were sheeple and bought into it. Sort of like cutco, it works but is still a joke.

15. 911Fanatic

Sheep? In the detailing industry? Blasphemy!!! :whistle:

16. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Lol......

17. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

Yes they do, Rich @ Gl was involved(He did not think they had integrity and the product did not work.................imagine him saying that!!) , saw the demonstration @ SEMA in 2010.................VERY pretty girl in the booth with clueless guy doing the demo.

As for using the product Ken, if I told you a steaming pile of poop tasted great, would you dig in?? some times a product just doesn't pass the "Sniff test" also I did see the product in use and others like it and they are never going to meet the definition of "Working" because something that works a little does not mean it works, it just means someone with a lower standard says it does....................... cannot be just a little bit pregnant.
    :shrug:

18. 911Fanatic

I'm really not sure what your point is Bob. All I said was that the product does work as advertised when applied by a capable individual. I do not agree with the product, but it does work.

19. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Ahh now I see... Interesting nonetheless! Swirls and scratches still exist underneath to some extent, yet polishing it would result in a flaky mess of a clear coat. I sorta dig it! I mean for those surfaces that are beyond reasonable repair like scruffs on the rear hatch opening. Reasonable alternative to a repaint except without the risk of too much orange peel as well as $$.

Not sure why people are pretty oblivious to this product though... Its a pretty good restoration product from the looks of it.

20. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

why polish...? just add more product until the desired effect is achieved.