replacing hose on electric pressure washer

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by 2TONLT1, Aug 24, 2010.

1. 2TONLT1

2TONLT1 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hey Everybody,

I have a husky h2000 electric pressure washer as a temp unit. The unit is great however i hatteee the hose lol. If i screwed my female quick disconnect where the the oem hose goes would i be able to use my normal 50 ft. gray 4000 psi hose and gun?

2. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

i wouldn't see why not. those units usually come with some not so good hoses.

how do you like the unit otherwise though? I'm looking to maybe get a electric pressure washer at some point again just to try out.

3. 2TONLT1

Yeah i am going to try the hose this evening and see what happens.Would there be any pressure lost since the oem hose is 1/4 and my quick disconnect hose is 3/8? But minus the hose the unit is really great. It's not really loud and has good psi with low gpm. My normal unit is a alkota electric 1700 psi unit with baldor motor and cat pump,but i have to replace the plungers in the pump,so i picked this husky unit up off craigslist that was only use to clean a deck and with two 4 gallon buckets of deck and concrete cleaner for 45 bucks lol

4. 2TONLT1

Ok so messed with the pressure washer tonight,My 4000 psi quick disconnect hose works greattt with the husky pressure washer. I feel like there is actually more pressure coming out of the unit than with the factory hose lol.Even the chemical sprayer compartments still worked with a low pressure nozzle.

5. JPerrydore

JPerrydore Birth of a Detailer

Good to know. Typically you would have some pressure loss going from a smaller hose to a bigger diameter. You also loose pressure by increasing the length. Just my 2 cents but obviously it worked out for you so congrats!

6. AZN_C300

AZN_C300 Birth of a Detailer

Good to know. I'm actually looking for a longer (50) hose, but all the ones of that length seem to be 3/8. Was worried about lost pressure from my stock 1/4.

7. 2TONLT1

I thought the same i found a calculator on ultimate washer about the pressure lost going from 1/4 to 3/8 it wasn't that much at all. I went from 30ft of 1/4 hose to 50 ft of 3/8 hose. Another great thing about this is that i can now go pick up the foam blaster at home depot and see how well it does. I hope to pick it up tomorrow and will post a video review for you guys.

Here is the link for the hose calculator
    Hose pressure loss