Reasonably priced Waffle Weave

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by TLMitchell, Dec 20, 2008.

1. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

I must agree with the statement about the WW, I have two and I don't even touch them anymore.

I just found some new ww, tried it once and loved it, super soft but absorbs like DD WW.

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I'll let you know. Mine just showed up today along with some Victoria Wax.

3. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

My Cobra WWs are now my kitchen hand towels. I had company over and my friend's wife used the Supreme Guzzler and said, "Are you kidding me? There's no need to have a kitchen towel this big!"

With my CRSpotless, I hardly ever use a drying towel anymore. I'll just use the fuzzy side of my CG, DD or RagShack towels and let capillary action do its thang.

4. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I really like the WW towel from detailedimage. I feel the same way about the ww towel from ragshack not being very absorbent. It's okay after it get wet though. I've found that WW towels almost need to be "primed" to work properly. I spritz the towel with Meg's last touch before spritzing the panel. It seems to wick better that way.

I have 2 WW's coming tomorrow from DD. I'm hoping they are on par with DI's WW.

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I wash mine before use, so I'm not sure if that made a difference. I did find that the Rag Shack WW had to be a bit damp to be able to start absorbing the water on the vehicle. I was able to do an entire Explorer with just the one towel. But then again, the LSP was Collinite 845 so not much water stays on the paint after I flood it!

6. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

Guess i'll be the odd ball here. Got a waffle weave from Griots about 5 years ago, as much as i try to replace it, its still functioning rather well. Expensive, yes. Tried others but they seem to lose there efficiency rather quickly. As noted about priming, i usually start with the windows for the priming affect. Also started to use a leaf blower to expedite the process of drying the vehicle.

7. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

California WW towel from Autodetailingsolutions seems to be a nice one. It's a 70/30 split, much softer then any 80/20 split, and more absorbent. And it's only $10...size I believe is 24x30.