RB OE vs. Dodo SNv2

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by scheerspeed, Nov 20, 2008.

  1. scheerspeed

    scheerspeed DB Forum Supporter

    so now that i have had both on my car, here are my thoughts on both...

    Beading- i think RB OE wins in this competition. the water seems to just fall off like zaino! dont get me wrong, the beading on SN was great, i just think RB OE has slicker surface. SN beaded excellent as well, but it still seemed to leave small droplets behind when i would do the final rinse on my hood for instance.

    Looks- this is a tough one... i find that SN gave more of a deep looking carnauba glow, and the OE is reflective, like with crystal clear reflections, but deep at the same time... very close here. if anything OE seems more wet looking.

    Durability- i have only had OE on for 3 weeks now, and it's still beading like new... maybe better... i really like how this wax beads! SN seemed to keep good beading for about a month and a week or so, then seemed to have lost the slickness...

    sweating- Dodo SN sweated out the next day. RB OE did not.

    application method- i don't know if the different application methods might have anything to do with it but both were prepped with dodo lime prime lite. SN was applied in 2 coats 48hrs apart by foam applicator, let to sit for about an hour on the paint before buffing off. OE was applied in 1 coat by hand, and also left to sit for about an hour before buffing off.

    overall thoughts- I like both, and they both serve different purposes. i haven't really used either enough to decide which i would buy again. i really want to try Dodo RB juiced edition now :D
     
  2. Buddy

    Buddy Getting to know Detailing

    That is quite a mouth full. I have never used either of these waxes. What do you mean by they both serve different purposes:thumb:
     
  3. yukonon22

    yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

    Juiced doesn't even compare to RB OE. Save the money for another pot of OE.
     
  4. scheerspeed

    scheerspeed DB Forum Supporter

    i have a feeling that SN would be better for light and warm color cars, while RB OE would have a slight advantage on dark colors. look at the red vette i did with SN, i think it looked pretty badass on that red!
     
  5. JLs Detailing

    JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

    Great review and I have/and used both and I too give the nod to RBs OE (I know shock right:yikes:). The only wax that I have used that I will reach for before RBs OE is Vintage and believe me its a close race between those two!

    I've used RBs Juiced Editon too and it gives a completely different look. Has more of a sealant look to it. Does give great clarity though and very easy to use, but I agree with Yukon and RBs OE is better!
     
  6. Buddy

    Buddy Getting to know Detailing

    Thanks for the reply. That kinda changes my out look some what on SN. I really like Pinnacle SIG Series 11 for light color cars...Well, I'll have to rethink this for now and see what else comes up...Thanks again...:thumb:
     
  7. eyezack87

    eyezack87 Guest

    Hehe, I have only used my OE pot so far. Not my SN 2.0 Sample pot. I guess I'll just keep the SN for show or something now :)

    Great review! You put me at ease for not buying a pot of SN from a member here
     
  8. supercharged

    supercharged DB Forum Supporter

    thanks for a review. I'm really wanna try both...
     
  9. Denzil

    Denzil Guest

    Hmm, guess I'll have to put an order in for RBOE, hehe. Now I don't feel the need for SN.
     
  10. pektel

    pektel DB Forum Supporter

    And with the exchange rate, the OE is only 59 bucks before shipping!

    Dodo SN is also a steal right now at 139.
     
  11. krshultz

    krshultz Nuba Guru

    That's about $21 less than I paid earlier this year.

    When it's time for me to buy my next pot of high end wax, I won't even think twice. RBOE is wonderful stuff, and I'm sticking with it!
     
  12. pektel

    pektel DB Forum Supporter

    Yep, I just placed an order! This will be my most expensive wax to date. And I can't even use it for about 4 months. No heated garage, and it's pretty cold right now in northern Minnesota.
     

Share This Page