Rant: I HATE Deer

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Chas, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

So some of you know for the longest time I had been searching for a new car, and about a year ago I got it. My 2010 Mazda3, which is my pride and joy. Just waxed it last night with a new layer of Powerlock and everything. Well about 45 minutes ago I am driving home from work minding my own business when all sudden I hear WHAM! My car gets jolted to the side and I figure another car hit me. NOPE! It was a 5 point buck that had literally ran into the side of my car. I was going about 45 miles an hour when this happened. I figure this thing is down for the count with how hard the impact is, but he gets up and walks away.

Now my car has two caved in passenger side doors with the rear one barely able to open. Its scratched from the mirror to about the rear door handle. I just put the claim through so and everything will be taken care of. I am just so upset that this happened to my perfectly good car. The last two times I have had a car in the shop the paint never matched when I got it back. Given this is red metallic I feel like its going to be hard to get perfect. This blows.

2. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Man that sucks. I just had a mild fender bender I my 07 Mazda 3 sport Some idiot spun out in front of me on the way home . He smased up his IS 350 I stop just in time and only damaged my front plate bracket. So nothing major like you. Hopefully they repair it to your prior condition.

3. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

that sucks...I visit Clarksburg MD every other month....deers are out there, I hope I'll never encounter one on the road.

4. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

Might not be the best idea, but have you thought of having an "accident" happen to the car and have them completely write it off to get a brand new one? I mean, [shizzle] happens, right?

5. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

I hear you .... Deer took out my best friend on a motorcycle and another deer rammed my friends Honda with demolishing results... Shoot everyone of them ...

6. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

Really sorry to hear this news, really scares the crap out of you and then the after effects are just numbing to the soul. Just glad it wasn't coming on the opposite side of you, and that you are physically ok.

7. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Sorry to hear about this, especially with brand new LSP. I can't imagine how upset you are, so for what it's worth, my heart goes out to you, and keep us updated on the repairs.

8. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

It's funny, I think of stories like this every time some animal rights activist goes on about how we shouldn't thin out the overly high population of deer...hope everything works out alright for you and you get it sorted out.

9. mutmanns

mutmanns DB Forum Supporter

Oh no. Sorry to hear the news Chas. Let me know if you need help finding a good body shop in the area. You don't want the wrong bodyman or painter getting a hold of your baby!!!

10. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

i feel sorry for the OP as well...being a brand new car and all u never want anything to happen to it...even if it ain't brand new, u take pride in owning a car that is urs.

i love those IS 350...nice looking sedan with a RWD platform...guy prolly wasn't driving carefully and prolly didn't have winter tires.

11. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Sorry to hear about your luck man. People are all the time hitting deer in Mississippi. I even hit one in an Ambulance, going on a medical call, less than half a mile from the hospital, one night. The deer didnt make it. We kept going. The truck seemed fine. Dented the bumper.

Anyway. Sorry to hear man.

12. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

It was a nice car . I think he wasn't paying attention or got into it with his girl friend. As this was on a busy on ramp that was clear . He just all of a sudden shot over to the right and hit the snow bank and over corrected from there.

13. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

very sorry to hear this chas. i know how you feel. those buggers just come out of NOWHERE sometimes, and i have heard on many occasion of the deer literally ramming the side of someones moving car like yours. i happens a lot around where i live. makes me want to pick up hunting one of these years. i guess i'll share my weird deer hit story too, hopefully it'll give you a chuckle. this was back when i had a slightly lifted 94 jeep grand cherokee, mud tires, etc. my first car. i was going down a long back road on a foggy night, and as i came out of the fog, a big doe jumps right out in front of my car like 3 carlengths ahead of me, so swerve into the other lane, and just as i swerve, the bastard jumps into the oncoming lane too, right in front of me again. ended up just about taking its head off. wasnt pretty.

anywho, hope it all pans out well for you chas. best of luck with the repars.

14. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

same thing happened to my moms carm deer ran off but not before totaling her car......

15. Eleotay

Eleotay Virgin Detailer

Same thing happened to me last week, my BMW's whole front fender is going to have to be replaced and maybe my driver door. Also took my mirror off. It really sucks because I put a coat of powerlock and Vic's Chaos on the day before. Man, I freakin hate deer.

16. 02blackout

02blackout DB Forum Supporter

Hahahahaha, wow those things are so stupid.
    It's like he drills your car then gets up and shakes his head to get his mind straight and says "Gah damn that hurt," then walks off. :applause2::applause2:

Hope everything works out though!