Properautocare CLOSING

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by kaisernaut, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

yeah you are, and that is why we like you!
    Plus you have ALWAYS taken care of me, even if its not cost effective on your part.

I do understand what they are going through.... but honestly it has not just happened recently, it has happened before to me more times then I can remember.

2. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

This is why I fully support DD and rather place an order with Phil even if its a few bucks more than other vendors (usually it never is and is actually the other way around) and always let other friends know about you on modded mutangs, you have some of the best customer service there is and the products you sell are top notch. I rather support a fellow detailer who actually cares for his customers and uses all the products he sells on real actual details, than to some large detail supply house.

3. RefPerfection

RefPerfection Birth of a Detailer

Well, I got my package. Apparently they didn't have the Flex polisher I ordered, because I didn't get one, so they just took it off the order without notice, and shipped me my BFWD All Metal Sealant. I probably would have cancelled the order, because I really wanted the polisher (price would have been a steal), and instead of qualifying for free shipping w/ both items, I was charged $7. Would have been nice to receive a notice, but oh well.

4. Kilo6_one

yeah, what do they care........ they won't be around next week. That is really shitty service. And a shitty mentality.

5. blacK20

blacK20 Birth of a Detailer

Have dealt with them a few times with good experiences. One time they shipped me some wrong color pads. I emailed them about it and they sent me the correct ones at their expense and told me to keep the wrong ones. Maybe things have changed now that they're going under.

6. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

i'm still waiting over a week now.

7. Kilo6_one

took 13 days to get my order, and LOOK they are still open for business................. weird.

8. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

they still have menus with all the manufacturers but none of them have any products listed for sale

9. Kilo6_one

they have some stuff listed, I looked the other day. Maybe it changed since then.

10. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

I assume they will continue to try to sell everything in stock. Jack wants as much as he can rather than sell at a deeper discount to another place who would pick up the stock.

11. Kilo6_one

makes sense.........

12. LostHighway

LostHighway Jedi Nuba

IMO the going out of business sale was incredibly badly handled server crash or no server crash. If there was any residual value/blue sky attached to the Proper Auto Care/Classic Motoring Accessories names I think this pretty much put flame to them. I ended up cancelling my order after there was no news on fill rate/stock status and it hadn't been shipped five working days post ordering.

13. Kilo6_one

hopefully BFWD will still carry on...... just tried some today on a van, loved it.

14. LostHighway

LostHighway Jedi Nuba

I think Blackfire has several good products in addition to BFWD sealant and some of the Eimann Fabrik stuff I'm sorry to see go. It sounds like the Blackfire line, or some of it at least, will survive but apparently the Eimann line is toast. It wasn't a product quality issue, it was a litany of customer service, and apparently management information systems, issues.

15. RefPerfection

RefPerfection Birth of a Detailer

Not looking to beat a dead horse here, but I will share more of my (first) experience with Proper Auto Care, since I already mentioned a few things. I received an e-mail from a gentleman named Michael, who essentially told me it stated that they are close-out prices, and if they were out of stock, they would refund the charges for that product/item. He went on to tell me he and his manager, "sent out numerous e-mails to customers advising them details of their order". He then suggested I check my spam folder. I check my spam folder daily, never received an e-mail. I replied accordingly, letting him know I never got an e-mail.

Again, just sharing my experience. It would have been nice to know ahead of time what the situation was, instead of opening a package and finding out. Also would have been nice for them to work with me on the shipping cost, which I didn't anticipate paying for when I ordered (without the Flex polisher, my order total was short of the free shipping requirement), but what can I really expect from a company going out of business. In the end, I'm happy I got some BFWD All Metal Sealant, and I'm eager to try it out.

16. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

For those that ordered from PAC and thought they had free shipping it was a surprise when many found out the high dollar item (like the flex) was not available and then shipping was added back. The 25% off then did not seem like a good deal.

I think they should have made it clear that free shipping will be determine by final shipment excluding out of stock so if you ordered to qualify for free shipping, you may not get it.

17. Kilo6_one

for sure, its almost shady how that went down..........poor customer service on there part, almost borderline a scam. Wonder how much money they made off people who did not end up getting the proper discounts etc.

18. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

For sure it sounds like a scam and by the terms they did it, it was. Advertising something you know you don't have stock of... Piss poor on there end.

19. Kilo6_one

bait and switch?
    bait you in to buy a high ticket item, thinking its in stock........... and buying more items to get a discount, then "opps, sorry we do not have the high ticket item but here is the other stuff and not much of a discount, BUT hey; we thinned out our inventory and we don't care how we did it because we are closing"

20. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

In typical American fashion, class action lawsuit anyone? But seriously has anyone got a reply by email or phone?