Properautocare CLOSING

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by kaisernaut, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

same here, couldn't pass up the flex

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Phil's prices are shutting them out

3. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

There are a lot of reasons but competition from AG did not help either.

4. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I'm going to say I'm absolutely in no ways a threat to any of these big boys trust me, I'm not even on their radars.

5. Kilo6_one

I was being sort of sarcastic, but honestly Id rather deal with a small operation that has "service" then one of the "big boys" who could care less about you.

6. Kilo6_one

I think I was reminded why I stopped buying stuff from PAC, I ordered some stuff that was on sale and cheap. it took them 3 days to process my order (ordered the 22, shipped the 25 and delivery is July 5th) HUGE HUGE FAIL in my books, if you do not have the staff to same day or even ship withing 24 hours you should not be in business doing mail order shipping. East to West Coast shipping takes a while, but really? almost two weeks? Get real..........

7. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

They had a system malfunction do to weather, lightning strike disabled their server apparently so everything is being manually processed hence a potentially longer processing and shipping timeframe.

8. Kilo6_one

honestly, its about average from my past experiences.......8-10 "business" days before I get my products.

9. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

I've never used them so I don't know but I heard similar timing to yours, I was just pulling that from TID and the posts on there explaining delays.

10. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

I had to file a Paypal dispute with them because I didn't get any form of response from them for 2 days. They didn't have my items in stock, so they refund me a partial amount. They also said that $300 with free shipping was an error and that I need to spend over $500. well my inventory is already stocked up for a year or two LOL, but I thought I jump in the pool, but $500 is too deep. in the end I got my refund, jus feel bad I had to call paypal customer service to do so.....

11. LostHighway

LostHighway Jedi Nuba

My past experience with Proper has been similar to Kilo6_one's, three plus (sometimes way plus) working days to get the product out the door and poor communication. I did breakdown and place a small order in the out-of-business sale on 6/26 and it still hasn't shipped and no news on fill rate. I knew I was going to kick myself for ordering from them again.

12. Kilo6_one

LOL....... I know what you mean. Yeah, honestly if they had better processing time and could get it out the door within a day I think they would have better feedback when it comes too shipping. Overstock.com is 20X their size and they get stuff shipped out fast, yes, they have more people etc. etc. but honestly in online sales you have to focus on shipping, it will make or break you.

13. RefPerfection

RefPerfection Birth of a Detailer

I received two e-mails from them about my order, but still no shipping confirmation. The second e-mail I got said in-stock items ship in 2 business days. I'm in no rush for the order, but I would like to know whether or not they had it in stock...

14. Kilo6_one

yeah, im not in a rush either.... looks like they extended the promotion, I do not think they are actually going out of business, I think they will be around in some sort of capacity. But yeah, this is the last time I order anything from them period.... im still waiting for a shipping confirmation from last monday I think. Time to file a paypal dispute

15. RefPerfection

I ordered on Friday, but still no shipping info. I feel like I stole the Flex, so I'll ride it out. I'm just hoping it ends up shipped to my door. I ordered 3M UK products from a place in the UK last year, and waited over 6 months to receive them. It was quite the ordeal.

16. Kilo6_one

ive never had an issue with the actual product, its the handling time and lack of communication.

17. RefPerfection

What kind of time frame were you experiencing? I'm just worried they're going out of business, and over sold certain product...like mentioned above.

18. KlineS157

KlineS157 Birth of a Detailer

I placed an order on Saturday, on Monday afternoon i got an e-mail saying 2 out of the 10 products i ordered were out of stock and the refunded my account via paypal. I have no heard a thing since, but there website did say all orders will be shipped by the 30th, maybe the get a better deal if they fill the back of a ups tractor trailer and ship everybodys order on the same day. My guess is you would have heard by now if you weren't getting something.

19. TLMitchell

TLMitchell Birth of a Detailer

I doubt anyone is going to see a shipping notice. When their servers got fried they lost a lot of capability and processing and filling orders manually appears to be keeping them pretty busy. FWIW, the sale has been extended to 6/30.

I always had good service from PAC although the time for receiving goods was a bit longer than anyone else I order from. On one occasion due to an unusual snafu Jack called me personally and we had a nice chat. Everyone there is good people, IMO, finding themselves in an unenviable position. I put in a small order during the sale, I don't expect a shipping notice or tracking number. I do expect it may take a bit longer than usual and I expect to receive the goods.

Phil never calls me. :shead: Probably because my orders are at my front door almost as soon as I let go of the mouse. :thumb:

And Phil, you can bet you're on everyone's radar. Your operation is competative and your service is primo. Anyone in business keeps an eye on the competition, regardless of how small, if they want to stay in business and not suddenly find someone they didn't consider a threat whomping 'em.

TL

20. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I'm here 24 /7 and you guys know I'm available.