Product X

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Dust2Glory, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Alright.. I want info on this stuff. Where do you get it? And would anyone be willing to send me a sample. Not going to use it full time or anything... but maybe throw it on my trailer!!!

2. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

product x, like as inthe stuff with the horrible you tube videos?
    If thats the stuff you are talking about i know I WOULD never buy it, i dont like the guy or his business practices. not somehting iwill support

3. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

OK first I didn't know what 2 girls 1 cup was and now I don't know what the hell Product X is. Damn I must be old!

4. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

oh man...this stuff redefines fillers. :S Not trying to start anything, but it is like fillers plus light protection in one. I think it would be great if I was the OWNER of a black G35, but I am not sure I would be using it on details. Seems kind of like you are cheating if you are just applying fillers all over, and optionally follow up with wax, for the price of a full detail. I think that it was made by Blue Coral, and there is only the fake stuff being sold right now. I thought I spotted a gallon in FMINUS's collection.

5. Calgarydetail

those be fighting words :scared:

and yeah i agree there are a ton of fillers in it.. i love when he uses it on a dirty car and is like see the swirls are gone, megs cant do that:catfight:

6. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

trust me not for cust paid details.... mostly for my rig and trailer. not alot of time to keep my stuff straight

7. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

I think that you have productx mixxed up with something else. ProductX probably stopped being sold before youtube existed. It is by blue coral and it was pink.

EDIT: i did i did, i did see a pussycat

[​IMG]

Soo.....FMINUS...where did you get it from?

8. Calgarydetail

well i guees i was thinking of a diffrent products, after some searching i relized its not called product x. its just '?"

here is a link to what i was talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0_JWS8amyk

9. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

LOL I watched the first few seconds of that vid and I shake my head I could watch it all. I watched some of his other videos too.

"oh look this place is call the ultimate detail, Let's go find out what the ultimate detail is"

"oh look they use production car care products...wow they must do good work...they have no cars because of the car show though"

I don't know, I would like to think I know my detail shop shop products and if you were to go into a shop you would find Malco (car brite. presta...list goes on), AutoInt, Meguiar's, 3M and AutoMagic the majority of the time. I have yet to see a place that uses "production car care products"

10. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Product X is no longer made ..it was a Blue Coral product...it is a good product for what it is....its a filler glaze that lasted...and gave a incredible wet effect....

good for the customers who do not want any correction...

I my self do not do 100% swirl removal on my truck any more.....I do at least 90% and leave whats there..CC gets thinner every time you cut it...and the UV protection is on the Upper layer of the CC....so I now respect my CC and polish till I like it and glaze if needed and seal....

The UV protection in sealants last no where like the one in your CC..and me having Red paint..its the fastest color to fade....

Glazes have their place....just know when to use them...a good polymer or acrylic glaze will last much longer than a oil based glaze....

AL

11. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Well I was doing a detail as a trade my wife made me do... so i didn't want to use any good stuff. so i pulled out xmt glaze, and boy howdy do u wanna talk about a filler!!!

12. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

+1..old fogies we are I guess..:chris:

13. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

Sean AKA (not too shaby) purchased a gallon..i offered to buy some but he never replied..if i was to use the product i would use it in the door jams like FMINUS described how he uses the product..

14. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I have half a gallon, I got it from Shadybreal. Send me ur information and Ill send you a sample

15. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

ME !!!! :dance:

16. ehuth1

ehuth1 Birth of a Detailer

Product X from what I understand is still availible. I think a gallon is $40 and Bradley's minimum order had to be 2 gallons.

I tried this stuff on my black Tacoma and its pretty much 90% swirl free for a DD/work truck... It gave me more of a wet look than CG WMF and was slicker. I'm sure the CG WMF would last longer, but I haven't washed my truck in 3 weeks and 3" of rain later it's still sliiiiiick as h3ll.

17. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

i've googled the crap out of it and can't find anything... where does he get it

18. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

I am going to guess Shadybreal....I could have sworn this product went out of production ...but I guess I am wrong(nothing new here). This stuff is officially a AIO because I think it has some VERY SUPER DUPER LIGHT CLEANERS IN IT. It does a ton of filling versus correction. I think that it also offered light amounts of protection too.

19. ehuth1

ehuth1 Birth of a Detailer

Your information is correct, but I used it as a glaze after a quick wash. It goes on and off super easy and works great in full sun. Wish I would have grabbed a pic!

Then topped it with Souveran Paste... I gotta get rid of this paste somehow :)