Product Review: Autoglym Custom Wheel Cleaner

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by JLs Detailing, Jul 7, 2009.

1. fido_elias

fido_elias Virgin Detailer

Zookie where is detailers heaven? I'm in mississauga and was looking for a large jug of this stuff. I tried it from canadian tire and love it!

2. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

Just got a 5l jug of it from ken today!

3. Zookie

Zookie Jedi Nuba

www.detailershaven.com but www.autowerkesexclusive.com is the orginal suplier

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Not sure how well it will work at 2:1 but it can't hurt to try.

5. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

Thanks for sharing JL :thumb:

How do you find the AG CWC compared to the Sonax I sent you some time ago?

6. Jedidiah

Jedidiah Guest

Hey JL
    do you like posts with pictures?

me too.

hint hint.

7. 911Fanatic

I tried my Sonax yesterday and its quite nice. Sticks like crazy, as good as GI Gel Wheel Cleaner. Cleans very well. Mine didn't turn red as my wheels were too clean but the green is awesome. Doesn't take much because of the excellent sprayer. Needs to be available in gallons though. Price wise, AG CWC is still the best value but as I said, the Sonax is very nice.

8. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

How safe is this cleaner to use on un-coated wheels.

My supra's wheels are highly polished aluminum, and there's nothing protecting them but a coat of sealant. will this oxidize or react on the bare aluminum at all?

9. 911Fanatic

I used CWC on a set of Alcoa Aluminum wheels that had just been polished with no issues.

10. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

you gotta use it on dirty wheels, even without agitation Sonax full effect removes a lot...It's some serious wheel cleaner! I really like the change color effect, gpoing from green to red, then to bloody red...heck, you can tell your neighbors you clean wheels with blood...:yikes:

11. Zookie

Zookie Jedi Nuba

+1 :thumb:

12. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Came over to see the light finally

13. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

This is some good info, and great news considering I can get this in the 500ml bottles locally.

Is there anything that AG makes that isn't good? I've heard nothing but good things on this forum about their products, and they are priced competitively too.

14. 911Fanatic

Their polishes suck. Other than that, I'd recommend anything in their lineup.

15. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

Thanks Ken, I'll be placing a larger order with your shortly.

it will likely include 5L of Custom Wheel Cleaner, too ;)

16. Zookie

Zookie Jedi Nuba

lols true, the Glossing Agent actully works in CWC... my wheels never looked soo good after wash

17. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

um....I am thinking should I get the autoglym cwc for $45. Zep citrus and Meg APC+ are not that good and I haven't try Zep purple yet. Someone also mention about Duragloss All wheel cleaner is good, which is about $24/gal. And there is Brown Royal too. So many choices.

18. Chineseguy

Chineseguy Birth of a Detailer

CWC is a good maintenance cleaner.

If you're going to get Brown Royal, give me a heads up, I might want it too...lol (we can share the shipping...hehe)

19. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

sure, I can sell you some to try when my gallon is here. and your cookie monster too, missed the riccardo though...sorry

20. Chineseguy

Chineseguy Birth of a Detailer

^^

Oo...you already ordered the brown royal?

When is your brown royal coming? Might as well get the cookie monster with the brown royal, I'm very interested.