Prima Line Poll (should we carry it)

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Jul 28, 2010.

?

Should we carry the Prima Line

1. Yes. I have used it and would buy from DD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes. But I have not used it yet

23 vote(s)
    39.0%
  3. No. I tried it out but don't like it

32 vote(s)
    54.2%
  4. No not at all

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

What's the word Phil, any developments?

2. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

I said it from the beginning, I had a feeling that Phil will not carry this line. maybe cuz it not very popular? just becuz 50+ people knows n likes to try this line, as a company, are you gonna cater to these 50+ people rather than 1000s of who knows about a product line?

3. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

DB is a small fraction of his customers, he sponsors many boards.

I have it on pretty good authority that he's gonna carry some of it ;) He had PRIMA listed as a vendor on his web store yesterday but changed it when I posted about it. :p

As for popularity, you're right it's not. Because it's a small company with a dozen boutique items and no 'big' resellers in the USA other than themselves. You don't hear a lot about Werkstat products either, but the people who use them rave about them AND Phil has tried to get Werkstat in his lineup but they (Werkstat) won't do it.

Also, in the case of DB I find that there isn't TONS of talk about products that Phil doesn't carry. The board is sort of centered around what Phil stocks. Sure there's some talk about CG stuff and this and that, but there's more talk about Sonax and 1Z and the stuff that's sponsored here like Rubbish Boys. The primary exception seems to be Duragloss, since p1et sure loves it. :)

Oh, and 56!

4. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

It's a solid line .I already use some of it as it flat out works.I would prefer to buy them from Phil But in the end it has to be worth it from a business aspect

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

5. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I am also curious if Phil is going to stock the Prima line. I'm all for a bigger selection from DD and any auto detailing vendor, but it's gotta be worth it for his business.

6. Mindflux

He had up the brand name in the manufacturer pulldown on his page yesterday and then removed it. So my guess is he's gonna give it a go in some capacity.

7. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

So just stalk Phil already.........

8. Mindflux

I was just checking the page and it was there. No stalking req.

9. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Why don't we stop sweatin it and if Phil decides to sell or not too I'm sure he'll tell us. No point wasting time in speculating.

10. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

It's fun watching Mindflux being mentally tortured by this, though.:giggle:

11. Frankastic

This man hearts hearts Prima!!!

like DSMS said, less is better. jus look at AG, PAC, DI, and ADS. all these company have too much n they give more deals than DD. so does DD wanna head to that direction?? I dunno, cuz I was at Phil's place and its not so big.....but if phil has it, I won't be jumping on it like some people, cuz I have gallons of polishes already!! :sorry:

12. Mindflux

Prima isn't just polishes. Also what are you going on about with ADS? they carry meguiars and optimum and a bit of menzerna. If anything they carry less than almost every other vendor.

I for one hope he stocks it. None of the other guys do.

13. Frankastic

I know Prima is not just polishes, but whatever they have I have already. ADS seem to rotate Meg, Menz, and Opt every other week offering 25% off, man I wish Phil can do that, one week 1Z, Adams, Opt, Meg, Menz, .......on and on.

14. Mindflux

Says the guy that just got 40% off.

FWIW ADS's sale two weeks ago was a Dozen Meguiar's towels for $9.99.

15. Frankastic

yes im a sales whore, but no thanks to the Meg towels, i have ubers.

16. Frankastic

btw good night flux, nice talking to you again. just try to take prima off your mind for a day, im sure Phil is thinking about you when his thinking about prima.

Take care

17. ltebow34

ltebow34 Birth of a Detailer

on topics, prima is fairly good line. I prefer other things today but for amateurs they are easy enough for use.

I buy from ADS and others because its exhausting with everyone plugging product in everything they do and having sales every 2 seconds.

Some people call it business saavy but I call it obnoxious when people have sale on everything all the time. You read forums where people sponsor and the response to people is just a link to a product instead real help... what does that do for people who don't know?

Back years ago, sales were much more valuable. Now everyone has "affiliate" and everyone discounts and undercuts everyone else

Vendor may as well lower prices with all the sale. Thats a huge factor for me and making purchase.

18. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Swirl and SIP were owned by the Black Obsidian IS250awd I was working on. I had to resort to M105 via Rotary to cut down on time. I did use Amigo to remove the light holograms though. Worked like a charm since I did the alcohol wipedown before 845 and Banana Gloss

19. Mindflux

Plenty of good stuff in this line for both amateur and pro.

Even local retailers do these things now. Lowes will match Home depots prices. They know todays consumers are savvy shoppers that want the best price over service. This is why the WalMart corporation makes more overall in one day than Target Corp does ALL year.

Running sales is how you attract customers. Hell if AG didn't have a sale in June I wouldn't have spent $150 bucks with them on stuff I "needed" (note, I didn't "NEED" any of it).

Likewise with Phil, if he didn't have his 20% off July sale I wouldn't have spent $125 with him so readily. It's just how things go now. The economy is down, competition is up.

20. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator