Prima Line Poll (should we carry it)

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Jul 28, 2010.

?

Should we carry the Prima Line

1. Yes. I have used it and would buy from DD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes. But I have not used it yet

23 vote(s)
    39.0%
  3. No. I tried it out but don't like it

32 vote(s)
    54.2%
  4. No not at all

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

!!!!!!!

2. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

To touch on a few topics that came up over the past few pages. As for the Prima line being overlap with what Phil already carries, you have to remember that Hydro is more than just a QD. It's almost like a quick wax detailer. It will give you a lot more protection than Adam's QD. I would put it in the same class as DG Aquawax to be honest. Also, I tried the Lusso Glass Cleaner once and it's been sitting in my cabinet ever since. Clear is a much better cleaner IMO. I have not tried any of the other glass cleaners PHil carries at this point. As for polishes, we all know that Menz can be a little tempermental at times. If Prima polishes get good results without being as humdity / temperature sensitive, I'm all for it. Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the biggest Menz fans out there, but when it real hot or cold, they are a PITA to work with. Also, for glazes, what's really out there on DD? There's a Menz glaze that you rarely hear much about and I believe that's about it.

3. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

I think Phil should carry them. Depending on his prices I might order from him. I am in Colorado (45 min from detailers paradise) and can get all the prima products locally.

Amigo is a nice synthetic glaze..I like it better than CG ez creme.
    banana gloss is sweet, takes like 5 minutes to wax your car and hide minor swirls, only bad thing is it smells terrible and lasts like 4 weeks
    swirl- works great on corvette clearcoat, and is one of those polishes where its pad dependent
    hydro- is by far my favorite product from them but its expensive compared to DG
    i havent used the other stuff, but if its anything like the other products they are pretty good...i think i have a hydro review hear

4. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

Have you tried einszett Spray Wax?

For Glazes I tend not to really favor them at all but

Yup you got Menzerna and Metallic Polish Wax works well.

5. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

Now all I have to do it try it and like it ; )

6. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

I would love to see you carry this line.I have wanted to try alot of there products.

7. Mindflux

Or just have faith in your customers who say it's good stuff. ;)

8. Mindflux

I know you're a purist, Phil. In the sense you'd rather have a perfect finish from polishing and go to your LSP. And for the most part users here would probably agree with that sentiment. However, there is only so much polishing that can be done on ones own vehicle before you gotta start living with the damage and masking it, or in my case, my 1 year old daughter keeps me from spending more than an hour at most on my cars. My wifes 03 Mazda is so swirled up from automatic carwashes over the years (before I met her) and I need me some Prima Amigo to help mitigate how ugly it looks until I truly do have time to polish it.

Do it for all the mothers and fathers on your boards that aren't graced with enough free time to polish their cars! :applause:

You're our favorite shop to buy from Phil, it's more money flowing from our wallets to yours if you pick up Prima. :p:

Oh,and 51!

9. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Amigo is not just a glaze I use it on flat blacks and reds for the cleaning ability it has and the look it gives

10. Mindflux

52 ;) !!!!!!!

11. Mindflux

54 :D
    awesome

12. Mindflux

55. Giggity.

13. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

I'll be using Swirl on an 07 IS250AWD tomorrow. I'll try to take some decent pictures of the darkening ability. Haven't done a C&B in a long time too haha

14. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

super keen to see results from this swirl, more so how it finishes down as to whether i can use it as a one step polish

15. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Domino swirl with the right pad will work great for a 1 step I don't think you will be disappointed with it.

16. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Try swirl on an uber green pad or green CCS pad with a rotary and it will dominate in many cases, or if using a PC an uber orange or LC orange pad work well too

17. Mindflux

18. Mindflux

Oh boo! Phil removed it.

19. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

There is bird poo etching, water spotting, and extreme color fade on the IS. Its almost gray in certain areas -___-"

20. CU2MIKE

CU2MIKE Guest