Prima Line Poll (should we carry it)

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Jul 28, 2010.

?

Should we carry the Prima Line

1. Yes. I have used it and would buy from DD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes. But I have not used it yet

23 vote(s)
    39.0%
  3. No. I tried it out but don't like it

32 vote(s)
    54.2%
  4. No not at all

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

good to know.

2. euroslvt

euroslvt Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Mystique is my favorite shampoo, buy a couple gallons a summer.
    Monster fluffys are the best towel out there. Although I think they are discontinued?

I would much rather pay shipping for all Prima products from NJ instead of CO.

3. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

There is some reasoning behind the no votes. But I wonder what it might be.

4. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

:agree:

This is why I said before that Phil might not carry it. Most of my base stuff like polishes, towels, brushes, and sealants come from Phil.

Really digging the sonax and those kwazar bottles.

Also, I think it's really hard to beat M105 and the Menzerna polishes. period.

5. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

I completely understand both sides of the argument. Like Dave mentioned there are definitely some equivelents if Phil were to carry this line and everything he carries is top quality (would expect nothing less). Why would you want to mess with something that already works? Also, from a business standpoint, 50 people is not a huge chunk of a consumer population to base a decision of carrying a line off of. You would have to judge way beyond just our forum. Plus there are several of us who advocate for it but we might be a small niche within a larger population.

On the other hand, it never hurts to try the product and let Phil determine it is something he would like to carry then I trust he is not doing it just for a few people but a larger scope that he think it may cater to. Especially with car clubs/groups, you see trends where one person uses a product and it spreads through the whole membership because it works for them. Phil seems to be a pretty good judge of consumer demand and quality of products so I think whatever decision he makes is going to be for the betterment of DD and to make sure he is providing quality products and service.

Just trying to keep an open mind about things. That's the best thing about this forum is everyone is open.

6. Bunky

Bunky Guest

Why not? If it does not sell, then drop it.

7. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

Chas, since Phil sponsors every forum under the sun our 50 is a drop in the overall bucket.

8. crew219

crew219 Birth of a Detailer

I voted no as well for pretty much the same reasons. I tried a lot of the line a few years back. Was never very impressed by it. It went in the "for sale" bin along with my sonus detailing products. Very nice boutique consumer line, but there were so many other products that worked better on hard Audi paint.

Call me crazy but I thought phil used to sell Prima way back in the day when he was only on audiworld . . . .

9. detailersdomain

no sir that was nick who owns prima

10. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Hrm, well I haven't tried Prima but I have tried the 1z polishes line and I can tell you that no one is really missing out. I think Poorboy's is even better than 1z in terms of polishes. That being said, I don't see how bringing in the Prima line could be harmful.

11. detailersdomain

denzil which einszett products are you talking about, we have had great success with them.

12. Mindflux

I'll echo Denzil's sentiment. I think the polishes in the Red/Yellow/Green metal tins suck. As I stated earlier in this thread they are more chemical cleaners than anything.

http://www.detailersdomain.com/search.aspx?find=1z+polish&log=false&category=5

I have heard the 1Z "Pasta Intensiv" (which I've never used) is/was a good polish before M105 hit the scene.

13. detailersdomain

I would agree they are not for the paint correction jobs that many here do, but for an enthusiast using only their hands or a pc I believe these are just as good as Adam's/PB/CG/ etc.

They are great for maintaining a car's appearance for sure.

14. Denzil

Denzil Guest

It's the entire Pro-Line that I bought from you quite some time back. They just don't seem to compare at all with Meguiar's or Menzerna. Even with Intensive Paste, it couldn't keep up with the likes of SIP. And the one time I tried to sell them on DB, no one showed any interest at all of picking them up. :shrug:

15. detailersdomain

i see thanks for the feedback I'm sure einszett will look into this.

16. Denzil

Denzil Guest

No problem, I appreciate your concern. Perhaps I'm the only one that thinks this way of their Pro-Line polishes. :shead:

17. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

No I totally agree Denzil. I tried their polishes once and never touched them again. Like you I tried to get rid of them on here but no one wanted them. It gummed up too quick on the rotary for me.

18. CU2MIKE

CU2MIKE Guest

Those of you wondering about Prima, please see this thread.
    http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/show-shine/19522-2007-acura-tl-s.htm
    The entire car was buffed out with Prima Swirl, this is a single stage polish, I went straight from Prima Swirl to P21S 100% Carnuba. Machine used was a Griot's 6 inch DA, took me about 5 hours to do the whole car.
    If I had more time I would have done PO85RD with LC black pad, but time was an issue as the client had to be somewhere.......

19. PJS

PJS Birth of a Detailer

No, had them too, and returned them as they didn't work for me - and that was with the Cyclo on Honda paint, about 18 months or so ago.

As for the green tin - I used that recently on a black Golf, and it did the job brilliantly.
    Was only a tidy-up job, as a bit of a favour, so not much time was being spent on the car, but worked a charm with the Fein rotary, and a medium grade foam pad.
    Wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find it fills more than it corrects - but even so, still a half decent product.

20. Mindflux

49! :) So close to Phil's lower boundary.