Prima Line Poll (should we carry it)

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Jul 28, 2010.

?

Should we carry the Prima Line

1. Yes. I have used it and would buy from DD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes. But I have not used it yet

23 vote(s)
    39.0%
  3. No. I tried it out but don't like it

32 vote(s)
    54.2%
  4. No not at all

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

if I do this its got to be big.

2. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

The initial order or what? I'm trying to understand how it all works.

Manufacturer's have a minimum amount you need to order, right? Is Prima's minimum a lot? Is it too much to be comfortable with on a line you've never sold before?

Obviously I don't want you to regret making a choice to sell something that a bunch of us want to buy/use/try.

3. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

My advice to Phil is ask Nick for product to try on your own first. I would think any manufacturer would jump at the chance to take on another vendor for that minimal investment.

4. Mindflux

Phil's already said previously that Nick is sending him some stuff to try. :)

5. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I have to take a smart position on it, so once I try it I will report back.

I wish I had some product this weekend I have a few cars to work on.

6. Mindflux

Of course you do. It would be interesting to see if people on other forums you sponsor would be interested too. As someone else said, DB is just a small portion of your clientele.

33 YESES

If you evaluate it and see what you like, can you possibly start with a small initial order (That's why I asked how big the orders had to be from Prima) and see how it sells? I know right off the bat I'm good for about $100 bucks in Prima stuff I want to try on an order from you. It's not a lot, but it's more or less "one of everything" except the polishes/rubber treatment for the time being.

7. rcalcaide

rcalcaide Virgin Detailer

true... but there quick detailer "Slick" and there spray wax "Hydro" are expensive by the gallon relative to other comparable products from Optimum or Duragloss .

Dont get me wrong though I love the Prima line. I use all of it. Swill is fantastic, so is Amigo. The Banana Gloss is the easiest and best looking liquid was Ive ever used.

R

8. Mindflux

Ok, you got a point there. Optimum has blown the doors wide open in a lot of arenas by charging less and giving more. I guess we're spoiled that way.

9. Mindflux

34! yeehaw!

10. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

I've used Swirl, Amigo, and Banana Gloss. I have all 3 in my arsenal.

I use Swirl on paints that require a slower speed on the rotary so I would compare it to Menzerna SIP but with a darkening ability (makes black blacker).

Amigo I'd rate it higher than PB Black Hole for its filling abilities and darkening ability as well. Also to note is that it smells even better than Black Hole too ;)

Banana Gloss is my upkeep wax if I ever top my current layers of longer lasting waxes. The swirl filling abilities after 3 coats are mighty impressive and the ease of use is insane. When I apply it, it flashes within 5 seconds so I can easily do an entire vehicle in 5 minutes if needed. It has that carnauba glow as well. I'd rate this as a very nice upkeep wax for those who have the need to wax every single time they wash the car. Throwing a MF towel across the paint will remove it pretty much :)

11. CU2MIKE

CU2MIKE Guest

I love Prima, used Prima swirls a few times and I LOVE IT!
    Prima Hydro is great for cheap bastards that dont want to pay good money for a proper detail, haha.
    Clarity is also another great product, it has never EVER streaked on me, EVERRRRR.
    I probably won't order it from Phil though, Richard Lin's shop is close to me, heh.

12. Mindflux

I want you to note Phil, since I made the original thread about carrying Prima it's skyrocketed the detailingbliss post I made to #1 for the keywords "prima carcare".

prima carcare - Google Search

You're even above the MFG in google rank there. ;)

Oh, and 36!

If you space out "Prima Car Care" (Like the MFG shows it) you're on page #2. Not bad ;)

13. Mindflux

Some members are lucky like that.

Thanks for posting.

14. CU2MIKE

CU2MIKE Guest

haha yeah, but definitely carry the prima line. It's great AND cheap!
    In fact, it's so good, I saw a guy (1st time user of PC) buff out his 24 years Porsche targa with Prima swirl @ Richard's clinic. The before and after was so incredible I bought a bottle of Prima swirl and tried it on my own car, haven't looked back since!

15. Mindflux

Sweet. I hope Phil carries it. :)

16. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

May I ask why you're pushing SO HARD for phil to carry this and for everyone to vote? Just seems a little weird to me. Are you affilliated with them or something?

17. Mindflux

Nope, just excited about the line. Partly because they come right out of my home state of Colorado and because (as I stated before in this thread) if I want to buy Prima, I have to order direct or from a vendor I don't typically deal with. If Phil carries Prima, I can order Prima, Uber, Adams, Menzerna, etc all at the same place. To me that's a win win situation, paying shipping from Prima (or one of small vendors) and then again from Phil when I'm making a relatively large order makes no sense to me.

Prima's current vendors are pretty small, Phil would be the largest in the USA aside from direct sales (I think), and the other places don't carry as much stuff.

Put it this way: It's like having to run to 5 little shops to get stuff you want, versus walking into Target and getting it all there.

If I was affiliated with Prima, I'd be talking to Phil on the phone, not petitioning to carry products I want to buy as a detailer on his forum.

*Edit: This is part of the fault I see in Zaino's sales tactics too. I hate making an order direct with Zaino because I gotta pay shipping for that, then come to Phil and pick up the other stuff I wanted and pay shipping AGAIN... it just drives me loony.

18. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

I have some experience with the Prima Line. In my opinion they make very solid products. Now, of all their products that I've tried I would recommend you at a minimum carry the following:

Swirl

Amigo

Clarity

Banana Gloss

Epic

Mystique

I like Hydro, It is nice as a topper, but I prefer Banana Gloss. BG gives me nicer results although Hydro takes the cake for being a little faster in application.

I will post a response of why I like these products later tonight, I'm late for work.

19. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

I wish this was brought up before the Open House I would have brought you some up to try out. Here is some of my current Prima Stash

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Mindflux

Wow. Nice stash!! How is nourish?