Prima Line Poll (should we carry it)

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Jul 28, 2010.

?

Should we carry the Prima Line

1. Yes. I have used it and would buy from DD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes. But I have not used it yet

23 vote(s)
    39.0%
  3. No. I tried it out but don't like it

32 vote(s)
    54.2%
  4. No not at all

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I should have some samples next week.

if all goes well you should expect a nice intro prima line sale. ; )

2. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

What are you comparing it to price wise?

Clarity 16oz is $6.95 (Prima Clarity)

Adams Glass Cleaner 16oz for $8.95 (http://www.detailersdomain.com/adamspolishes-glasscleaner.aspx)

Prima Swirl 16oz for $14.95 (Prima Swirl)

Adams Swirl and Haze 16oz for $19.95 (http://www.detailersdomain.com/adamspolishes-swirlandhaze.aspx)

Compared to other 'higher end' brands, I think they come out at the same price, or a little better in almost every category.

Their 16oz sealant is $22.95 (the most expensive item they sell) , other 16oz sealants from popular manufacturers are $29.99 and up with the exception of PowerLock for whatever reason.

3. Mindflux

Do it, do it. I'll be the first to buy. :)

4. Mindflux

5. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

I love Prima stuff, if Phil had it in stock it would be more accessible and cheaper to get as far shipping on East Coast, coming from CO can be expensive sometimes. Prima is one of those products where I could see myself using specifically their brand. Unfortunately I have you guys to fuel the fire of trying more so that won't happen :)

6. detailersdomain

7. Dangler

Dangler Birth of a Detailer

I love the monster fluffy. they are the only "fluffy" towel i've owned that have never shedded on me. everything else i've used sheds like crazy.

defintely a recommended towel.

8. Mindflux

Almost half way to 50! Cmon kids :)

9. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Don't be discouraged by the numbers on this poll. Phil sponsors a ton of other forums, and a ton of other people order products from him regularly.

Based on the forum, you'd think there isn't too much hype with Adam's Car Care products but I stop by Phil's shop once a week and it's shocking how often Phil is taking delivery of new pallets from Adam's.

10. Mindflux

I know, but I doubt he put this poll out anywhere else. :). I can only hope Phil will decide to carry it.

11. Kaleo

Kaleo DB Forum Supporter

the only thing i have tried and have from them is Hydro...pakshak has some of the line down here and apparently the bmw/mini folks down here swear by hydro...they probably drink that stuff too!

anyways, it's a fairly nice spray wax/drying aid/temp. lsp sort of deal. You can use the product as a booster wax/QD or spray it on your vehicle right after you wash and the vehicle is still wet. It does have some filling capabilities in it and it has a light fruity smell to it. The look and smell are reminiscent of werkstat quick wash.

while it is a good product and all, it's just not my cup of tea as i'm not into filling. For me i'd rather eliminate then hide! Phil, I would say go for it.

Too bad i'm stuck out here in the middle of the ocean, if you folks were here i'd gladly sample it out as I don't use mines..it's just sitting pretty in a bottle in the cabinet.

12. Mindflux

There's only so much polishing you can do. Some swirl hiding is a decent compromise on daily drivers I think. I know my life is too busy with a baby right now to compound, polish and jewel my cars. :(

Bring on the Prima! (also please vote)

13. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

I've used Hydro, Mystique, Wheel Shield, and Glass Cleaner all with positive results. The Hydro is definitley one fo the best quick waxes / sealants on the market IMO. Also, met Nick once out in Denver and he's truly one of the good guys in this business.

14. Mindflux

If you haven't voted, vote now! And vote one of the YES options :)

15. Mindflux

Wheel Shield? I'm not familiar with this?

Edit: OH! It's called Wheel Armor now. haha

16. Mindflux

32 Yeses! 18 more to go before Phil will seriously consider it? I think 32 isn't bad for a poll that's been up a little over half a day and we're a small fraction of his customer base. :)

BRING IT ON PHIL!

17. detailersdomain

you are working really hard at this aren't you. :)

18. Mindflux

You are by far my favorite vendor to deal with. I want Prima and I want to buy it from you. So, yes.

I think we have a bunch of people who are voting "NO" to spite me. Really? You never ever EVER want to try a new product? Do you just use turtle wax and liquid ice from walmart and call it a day?

19. detailersdomain

okay well let's see how this goes and once I get the products in from Nick I will try them out and report back.

I hope your going to buy cases of the product.

20. Mindflux

Well between this board and all the ones you sponsor I can't see it being hard to promote and sell this line. Granted it's a smaller line with not much talk (because very few carry it right now) but once the talk starts, sales usually pick up too.

I guess it'll depend on your thoughts on the product and what Prima's minimum purchase sizes are.