Prima compound/polishes

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by POPPAJ, Sep 1, 2008.

1. POPPAJ

POPPAJ DB Forum Supporter

How about some feedback from those that use these products! THANKS!!!

2. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

Love em, I prefer Cut and Swirl to Menzerna PG and Intensive Polish, though I sometimes use both one after the other

Cut smells great, is very gritty so around 900 to 1100 grit leveller
    needs to be worked at 1400 to 1800 straight up, not 600 slowly to 1500 like Menzerna

Swirl not just a strong 1300 to 1700 grit compound but it deep cleans the paint and brings back the fresh off the gun finish and enhances the shade a little

Finish is my second favourite 2000 grit polish, not as long working time as Menzerna most of the time but has its advantages

Works on any paint, soft, very soft, medium, medium hard and hard

Amigo - smells like chocolate mud cake, actually tastes like Chocolate mud cake. (gave it a taste test the other day)

Whether it be rotary at 700 to 1800 rpm, orbital or hand use, on solid blacks you will get a little more depth, a clearer finish clarity than Menzerna 106 and 85RD on their own or one after the other and the slickest feeling paint you can get

Plus you can put any sealant or wax on top of Amigo

It's best to leave it on the paint for 1 to 2 hours first

Killer on blue's

I bought a stack of it in january this year

3. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Guess I'll have to give Prima a shot too, LoL.

4. Bulla2000

Bulla2000 Two Bucket System Washer

I have used to use Prima Swirl and its quite ok. Its between Meguiars #80 and #83 I think. Now I´m trying Amigo and its a must have. It makes such a slick paint, all swirls were gone and its a breaze to use.

5. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Prima Swirl has been my go to since I got into detailing. I have Prima Cut but really have not used it. Prima Finish adds a great finish to the paint. Amigo is great, I use it onflat colored paint. I like the line because it works well with my PC.

6. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

So what is amigo? Is it a finishing polish or a glaze?

7. POPPAJ

POPPAJ DB Forum Supporter

It means friend in spanish!:angel:

8. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

A glaze

9. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

but it's a sealant and wax friendly one
    plus amigo also is good on some plastics

10. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

How did you apply it?
    cause swirl by rotary needs to be applied in a certain way

11. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

whats the correct way?

12. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

If you read on showcardetailing Richard always uses Prima Swirl with a rotary, never really noticed anything special as far as techique I caould be wrong

13. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

Prima polishes were designed to be used with a PC so rotary use was always a problem for me
    I spoke to Nick at DP a few times and did some playing around

I find cut and swirl easier to use and get superior correction if I spread it at 600 rpm and then straight to 1500/1600 and work it slowly until it breaks down, then I burnish/jewel the paint down between 750 and 1200

That I found superior to using the menzerna technique of 600, 800, 1000, 1200, 1400, 1500 then back down slowly to 750
    Swirl won't start leaving an oily film and spread if the menzerna technique is used