Pressure washer. Gasoline VS Electric

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by supercharged, Feb 14, 2009.

1. OC MBZ

OC MBZ Virgin Detailer

I'm currently in the market for a new pressure washer as well. I'm in a little different situation it sounds like as I use mine on a mobile trailer. I don't have the luxury of plugging an electric into a wall for quiet operation. I obviously have a generator for my polisher, vacuum and extractor, but the noise of that would defeat the whole purpose of an electric. I'm currently working with a Crapsman/Briggs & Stratton, but w/o an internal pump you have to find another way to force the water into the washer...gravity just doesn't do it. I've had to install an inline pump to prime the pressure washer should it un-prime. The motor has been very strong, but I've had it clog twice now and that called for a $100 repair each time. I'm looking into a commercial gas/warm water pw like Jesus...errr...Paul Dalton uses. Also considering a Rightlook unit that cycles water back to the water tank when it gets warm in order to keep the motor running cool.

Anybody have any experience with either of these?

DE1610-A Pressure Washer with Built-In Hose Reel - DE1610-A

Machines - Karcher HDS 801 B (Powered by CubeCart)

Look forward to hearing back!

2. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

that Karcher is 3500 quid!!!

3. Nica

Nica Banned

So the weather here has been really nice lately...so I thought I would take out my Briggs & Stratton 2550PSI Pressure Washer and test it out.....I was blown a way by how loud this thing was :what: I knew it would be loud but I didn't realize how loud it was going to be wow.

Any who, I enjoyed the power behind it...but I can definitely see my neighbors getting mad at me if I use this thing early in the morning...:thinking: I'll look into an electric pressure washer but I'll definitely put the gas pressure washer to good use.

Using a pressure washer makes washing a vehicle so easy...oh and I was in heaven washing one of my vehicles with water again...I like ONR but I still prefer using the traditional water and soap method :thumb:

4. Esienmann_M6

Esienmann_M6 Two Bucket System Washer

Nica thats the only reason holding me back from a gas pressure washer,
    but I agree with you nothing better than the old bucket and soap shower!