Pressure washer / Foam lance combo Q's?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by SRT8Spartan, Feb 16, 2012.

1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

We use the Kranzle at the shop its great to hall around on the mobile jobs and works extremely well.

I prefer the electric over the gas, its quiet and works well. We beat our up and its still working great after 2-3 years.

2. dan avoN7

dan avoN7 Virgin Detailer

3. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

The foam gun is spot on and the fittings will work. I would do a quick disconnect for myself. PW is my next step up as well ;)

4. dan avoN7

dan avoN7 Virgin Detailer

The Karcher adapter would make for a very easy connect/disconnect. Are you recommending the quick disconnect so the foam gun can easily rotate to the angle you want or what would be the advantage to adding a quick disconnect fitting?

If I did go the quick disconnect route, I assume I would just need the following to work with the above setup I mentioned (skipping the 1/4 to 1/4 fitting as that would no longer be needed)

Quick Disconnect coupler (attach to Karcher adapter)
    http://www.pwmall.com/p-132683-qcs1mb-14-mpt-quick-coupler-socket-brass.aspx

Quick Disconnect fitting (attach to foam gun)
    http://www.pwmall.com/p-132679-qcp1ms-14-mpt-quick-coupler-plug-steel.aspx

Correct?

5. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

I just picked up a Cleanforce 1800HD and have done 3 cars so far with no issues and works just fine. I would like a longer hose and shorter wand but those can be modified. Aside from that, it's quiet compared to gas and very easy to use, now to find a Foam cannon!

6. Jaddie

Jaddie Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Dear mrd0t

The MTM Hydro foam lance linked to above works perfectly with the Cleanforce 1800HD. I know because this is exactly the combination I use.

My wife bought mine from Pressure Washers Direct (link) and it came with the necessary fitting. It was cheaper than from the other place, too.

--Jaddie

7. MTM is pretty awesome. I ordered one a couple weeks ago and it works awesomely (is that a word)

8. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

How can I make it so I don't have to screw it into the wand gun, maybe a quick disconnect? And how will that work with the oem gun, do I need a quick disconnect for that too? I'd like to be able to switch from Rinse wand to foam lance and back with the quickness, if possible. Since i'll be ordering the foam lance i'd like to order anything else needed at the same time.

9. Jaddie

Dear mrd0t

If I recall correctly, it ships from Pressure Washers Direct with a 1/4" male quick-connect already in place. I lost mine in the Christmas melee and had to buy another.

Unless I'm mistaken, the only thing you'll need to add is soap.

--Jaddie

10. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

What attachments do you use for a foam cannon?

11. Atrocity79

Atrocity79 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Would you happen to know if that MTM Hydro works on the Cleanforce 1400? My Home Depot has this model on sale for $99.00.

12. Jaddie

Dear Atrocity

I don't know for sure. I can't access the manufacturer's site to see the gun and wand. I'm over 90-percent certain it will work because it comes with an M22 adapter in addition to its quick-connect adapter.

Home Depot honors competitor's coupons, so if you can find a Lowe's 15-percent-off coupon, take it to Home Depot and get the 1800HD for US$159 minus 15 percent.

--Jaddie

13. Atrocity79

I might just do that. Now I need to find a valid coupon.

14. SRT8Spartan

SRT8Spartan DB Forum Supporter

if you find one PM me where and how please :D haha

15. Jaddie

Dear Friends

My wife said the Lowe's coupons come and go, so keep your eyes peeled.

Another frequent promotion Lowe's does is US$10 off a US$50 purchase.

This suggestion sounds weird, but my wife does this a lot and hasn't been burned so far: search eBay for Home Depot, Lowe's, Menard's, and Ace Hardware coupons. You may have to pay US$5 for the coupons, but you'll still come out way ahead.

--Jaddie

16. Atrocity79

I wonder if they'll take this Harbor Freight one.....for 20% percent off.

[​IMG]

17. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

UPS just dropped off my MTM Foam Lance! So excited, I'm going to wash my car for the heck of it!

18. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

Show us some action pics.

19. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

Equipment:
    Cleanforce 1800HD
    MTM Foam Lance

Product Used:
    Meg's Hyper Wash 2oz.

[​IMG]
    Bugs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Without any wiping
    [​IMG]

20. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

Great purchase! Congrats! The Foam Lance is definately a head turner when people drive by. LOL