Powerlock + Autoglym HD Wax rain beading

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Chaseme, Jun 15, 2011.

1. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

Before you strip anything, try using 1oz of Sunlight soap with 20oz of water in a foam cannon and wash the car with that. It might help, like it did with my car. Magic?

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

3.5 monthes is nothing to sneeze at............ that is about what I got last winter.

3. cnut

cnut DB Forum Supporter

I like to use Colli year round but I do live in the south.

4. apadilha-pe

apadilha-pe Virgin Detailer

Colli 845, in a hot land, is better than PL? About long-lasting? And about colli 476 and PL? What do you think?

5. Phil.P

Phil.P Any Rag Vehicle Washer

476 will outlast PL any time. But i'm pretty sure PL has more gloss.

6. apadilha-pe

apadilha-pe Virgin Detailer

I bought PL to apply before one of the two waxes: AG 845 or HD wax. Which has better protection and beading in hot places?

7. cnut

cnut DB Forum Supporter

^^ Collinite 845

8. RekeHavoc

RekeHavoc Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Have the same combo on my toyota (Metallic white). Looks amazing but it has worn off and ill be doing the whole process in about a week, when im on spring break :)
    EDIT: The protection lasted about 3-4 months, applied in august and i live in the hot west coast :p so its definitley past due on adding more protection.

Idont know if ill stick to the "Combo" method thou, i was thinking just adding a few more coats of PL, so like 2-3 in all, without autoglym HD that is. Anyone got any opinions on this?