Power Finish or SIP?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by pektel, Sep 18, 2009.

1. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

PF & Uber Green pad finished hologram free no a '99 Vintage Red Pearl Camry I did a few months back. Trick was to work PF to let it break down fully. Sometimes a spritzed of water helped give PF some life if it flashed too quickly. The Uber green pads were a joy to work with PF.

2. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Darkstar I couldn't agree with you more about the orange pads!

I have two and will not be buying anymore... I LOVE the Green and Blue and want to buy some yellow... but the orange... not for me.

3. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I'll trade you 2 white ccs for every 1 orange one brandon.

4. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Well I only have 1 nice one after all the messing around I have done trying things out...

What are the white ccs pads good for?

5. pektel

They were the common color before the green came out.

The old order was this:

wool
    yellow
    orange
    white
    black
    blue

green fit in either between the orange and white, or the white and black.

Someone can chime in with where it was in the lineup.

6. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I get so confused by the colors...

7. pektel

I don't know PPI crossover. That would make this a lot easier. The big confusion is there were 2 green foams. One cut like a mofo, and the other was pretty fine. The fine one is the one that Phil has.

8. pektel

9. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

Green was placed in between the white and orange with the LC pads.

10. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

It depends on which green. The german green available from Classic Motoring has very good cutting action, putting it between the white and orange whereas the green available from Autogeek is a much finer foam, somewhere between the white and black.

11. pektel

I have a couple green pads that are REALLY coarse. You cannot finish down nicely with them. Rather, "I" cannot finish down nicely with them.

12. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

I had the LC ccs "German Green" from CMA. Didn't realize they made two different LC green pads.

13. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

I'd say PF has a tad less cut than SIP on the same pads. It's noticeable because PF won't touch some deeper scratches you might have to deal with. SIP on orange could work though. I still haven't touched my SIP since I got PF because it is so much more useful. I have 106FF and PO85RD. I use 106FF on very rare occasions now. My default tester is always Uber Green pad + PO203S. It finishes the best in my opinion from something that cuts so well too.

14. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

All of the pads I was talking about are the UBER ones from Detailersdomain.

While Phil's green is fine, it still cuts pretty heavily. I think I remember the PPI was around the same of the LC Orange, but the green is very soft, cuts pretty heavy but still finishes down very nice. Phil's Yellow has a lot of cut, is a compounding pad, but is still soft.

Phil's blue is the equivalent of LC white or slightly under white, and is a finishing pad, then Phil's Black is the waxing pad.

15. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Join the club. I thought I was alone.

16. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

+1 :headbang:

17. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

I was the same with 106FF and 85RD, using 85 more until I did some testing and found that 106FF gives wetness but 85RD gives clarity

So do 106FF first then 85RD second but dont use them to do paint correction
    In fact I dont use menzerna to correct at all anymore as it fills slightly

18. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I agree totally with this. PF with the LC Green or GI Green and you can do some pretty impressive correction but you have to work it log enough.

I agree that I have had holos come back after using 106FF but it hasn't been an issue with PF. Keep 106FF and 85rd for finishing only and it shouldnt be an issue.