Power Finish alternative

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by mrgolfrider, May 29, 2011.

1. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Bryan I picked up a bottle of the ultra cutting cream light. Local supplier has it for 26 bucks for 32oz. I will let you know how it goes.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

2. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

What about it do you like better?

3. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

IMO I feel it is easier to work with. Might not have as long as a working time as some of the Menz polishes but it gets the work done just as well. Easily can be used as a one step on pretty much any paint. I follow up with Amigo on my M3 and love the finish. I'm really diggin' the Prima line.

4. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

Sorry, haven't been on here in a while. Honestly, UNO v3 is about all I care to use now. It's truely pad dependant, meaning you can use it with a MF or Surbuff cutting pad and or a finishing pad. It really works better and a little dab goes a long way. I have a bottle of M105 that will probably not get replaced after I use it up, I have an old bottle of Powergloss that will be used on farm equipment via wool/rotary.

I know it's hard to fathom - 1 polish that really will replace a shelf full of stuff. But it has for me and at 51 years old, my back ain't diggin going over a car 3-4 times with a buffer. I should have listened to my doc and stayed in shape (hell, I thought round was a shape) anyway, on a lot of the daily drivers I do, UNO on MF cutting pads will finish LSP ready in one step. Now, before ya'll get that look and rush out and try to prove me wrong - remember, it takes slow, overlapping passes, BUT - when you finish that fender, you're done polishing!

5. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Wow, truly powerful statement! Just for that, I will have to give it a go. I heard the MF pads are durable and you only need 2 in a full detail- can you attest to that statement?

6. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Junebug I hope to use my UNO soon, I MIGHT have a Saleen one step and a possible full correction Viper we shall see

7. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

Well - Stig, I appreciate your confidence in me. But don't just take my word for it, Kevin Brown is also a big fan and has more time with MF pads than anyone I know. That guy is the real deal. I did a old Crown Vic a month ago, car made a 1/3 bar of clay unfit for duty to start with (after an APC bath) and I only used 2 MF pads.

Tips - prime pad once, after that 2-3 dabs, slow overlapping passes, speed 5 max, blow out with compressed air after every panel. Oh - and light- 5-8 pounds of pressure. If you need to make another pass over the same panel after the polish is about gone, stop, blow out pad, 2-3 dabs of polish, don't wipe off the panel you stopped on, go back and hit it again. This time work it clear and then wipe off with MF towel.

Anything that takes more passses than that - I'd wet sand first. As a matter of fact, I usually wet sand with 1500 grit any really bad areas first anyway. I think spot sanding takes off less clear and sure saves time correcting.