Pound of Pinnacle clay is NOT NOT NOT a pound

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by timpryor, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

That's interesting, but AG has good customer service, I'm sure if you phone Meghan she will set things straight :thumb:

Hope everything works out, keep us posted :peace:

2. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

I agree. Autogeek has good customer service and I hope they have a good reason for this.

3. NCZ13

NCZ13 Birth of a Detailer

wow id be pissed if i got screwed like that.

Its like ordering a jar of high end wax and being an ounce or two short. if its 14.3 ounces of bar, they should advertise it as so.

4. dionnfr

dionnfr Birth of a Detailer

What really would be interesting is what the weight is for other manufacturers clay.

5. green dimnd

green dimnd Birth of a Detailer

At least they didn't cut it with oregano.

6. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

It is probably not AG's fault at all, the clay is made by a major manufacturer and I garantee they don't weigh their products at AG. I am sure they will start spot checking with this info. Manufacturers are allow some variance though.

7. heatgain

heatgain Guest

Thanks for making me spit out my coffee as I read this!

8. timpryor

timpryor Birth of a Detailer

lmao, I may or may not have done errrr i mean what?

But Pinnacles website is owned by autogeek, thats what concerns me the most. I'll call them in about an hour after work lulls down a bit

9. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

What a DOOZIE, that is NOT right! Let us know what the kids at AG end up doing and let's hope they make it RIGHT!!! I say they send you another bar for your troubles...

10. timpryor

timpryor Birth of a Detailer

WOW! I just called & talked to penny, she was nice, courteous(can't spell) and most of all helpful. They are sending me another 4oz bar of clay and apparently they were not aware of this. I'm not the type to look for handouts, i just want what I pay for and thats HUUUGE props to autogeek for stepping up and taking care of me like they did. She said they would weigh out a couple different ones in the future to make sure that they are sending what they say.

I think Pinnacle is owned by autogeek BTW.

11. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

thats great news!!! a/g does stand behind there products!!

12. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

As I would expect, AG customer service pulled through again... Meghan and Co. customer service is some of the best in the industry just like Phil at DD and Chris at e-shine and of course Ben at Rubbish Boys

13. Nica

Nica Banned

See, AG came through. I've dealt with Meghan and a few others from AG and I have nothing but good things to say about there customer service. Glad everything worked out for you timpryor :thumb:

14. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Glad to hear they took care of you. The people over at AG seem to be very helpful

15. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

Wow way for Autogeek to really back up there products/claims. Good to hear that there are actually sponsors willing to rectify the situation.

16. Nica

Nica Banned

Um..question Brian, when you said "sponsors" what did you mean by that?

17. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

i think clay is weighed in grams not oz. i know it comes in 180gr and 209gr.

18. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Grams and ounces are just different scales of measuring weight, if you didn't know that already. I've seen manufacturers advertise their clays in either of the measurements.

19. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

I dunno nothing really Carlos. I should have said "vendors." I'm just used to saying sponsors so much car forums that sometimes I forget Lol.

20. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Owned yes, but I would bet doughnuts on it that they don't own the manufacturer that makes the clay