Post up pics of your tattoo's

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by mrgolfrider, Jun 12, 2009.

1. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

ok so im taking a small break from work to post up the meaning of my tattoo. heres a part from wiki

so to me my tattoo means remember your mortal and its also a reminder to enjoy life and not think you're invincible

2. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Pssh, I'm 22. That's how I ride.

3. anbuzero

lol i know, thats how all of us who are in our 20's think. especially when drunk :drinking2:

4. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

We should all go out in Philly one night, hell I would drive up there to party with you guys it seems like a central place for the md, pa, and nj members.

5. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

I have 26 tattoos..I will probably never post pictures. Lifemal has seen a lot of them..lol

Oh, and Anbuzero, that was no research, that was off the top of my head. I know a lot about these kinds of organizations..and I speak Latin...lol..but then again,. doesn't every Sicilian?

6. anbuzero

im down ive been saying lets have a NJ-PA meet for a while now and if you wanna take the drive up from MD we'll be glad to have u. I have some stuff going on at home so i dont know if i can host it. I'd like to wait till i can clean out my garage and then maybe organize something. Phil at DD i think said he could host something but hes always busy

damn 26!?!?! are they small random ones? or do they all have meanings, i only ask cause my gf's cousin has like 7 random tattoos on random parts of his body lol and yeh latin comes easy to anyone who already knows one of the romance languages, with me knowing spanish fluently, speakin french pretty well, and being able to understand italian, id say latin is easy lol

7. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I'm not? F*&k!

Little too much info there! LOL

8. Spyral

Most are on my legs, Ken, and I was wearing shots when we worked on a car together..lol.. Some are huge, some are small, every one has a meaning and I drew most all of them.

9. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Sicilian eh? Remind me never to piss you off.

10. Spyral

Did you ever serve and earn a Purple Heart? If not, I don't think that's too good of an idea.

11. Spyral

100%.

12. pektel

You are making more sense than ever now.

You're in "shipping". I get it.

We should give you a nickname like "Tommy the Buffer."

13. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I have 3... can't wait to get more... just don't have the funds right now.

14. pektel

I have one. The "artist" botched it. I need to have someone fix it. It's a sun around my right nipple. Hurt like a MOFO.

15. anbuzero

i agree with tom on this if you didnt serve and receive it yourself i feel like others who have will be offended by it. but its up to you :shrug:

i just pictured your sunny nipple. thanks for that

16. pektel

Here's a pic for you.

You can see how off center it is. I'm just going to get it recolored, lines smoothed out, and just fill in the gap on the lower left center.

[​IMG]

17. Spyral

Same thing I was thinking, so I called my Dad to ask him. He has a few medals from Vietnam, including a couple Purple Hearts. Here is what he said, word for word:

"If I were him, I wouldn't do it if I hadn't served and earned that medal. Nothing makes me madder than seeing people wear military type clothing when they never donned the uniform when it count. He should remember his Grand Father in a different manner, maybe get a medal box made up to display his medals and commendations."

Now mind you, this is coming from a 12 year USMC veteran of Vietnam who has 7 bullet holes across his body from enemy gunfire, and has had both of his hips replaced due to injuries suffered in a helicopter crash in Vietnam. And on top of all that, even though I was born while my Father was a Marine, I never knew he was once a soldier until I was 15. He NEVER talks about it.

Maybe take the advice and honor your Grand Father in a different way.

18. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Hmm, never thought it would have received that type of reaction to want to honor him in that way...

19. anbuzero

lol thanks a bunch. but yeh u need at least 1 or 2 more rays in that area

20. Spyral

I would do the shadow box idea. Make a nice presentation mount for the medal and an of his commendations (campaign ribbons, etc) and his flag (if he had a military funeral).

Trust me, no one is trying to down you in any way, I just thought the perspective of a veteran would help you see it the way a lot of people will see it. In the end, it's your choice and whatever you do, you will do what you see fit.